Rampage Fall to Barons 2-1 in OT in Game 3May 7, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) San Antonio Rampage
The Barons posted the game's first goal at the 1:18 mark of the opening period when Anton Lander picked up a bouncing puck in the slot and fired a wrister through the legs of Rampage goalie Jacob Markstrom. Lander's second goal of the playoffs handed Oklahoma City a 1-0 advantage.
After a scoreless second period, Wright tied the game at 1-1 for the Rampage with a power-play goal 11:06 into the third. He found a loose puck in the crease and swept it into an empty net behind Barons netminder Yann Danis for his third goal of the postseason.
Chris VandeVelde gave the Barons a 2-1 win 15:50 into the extra session. He registered his second goal of the postseason on a wrist shot from the left circle that beat Markstrom over his right shoulder.
Danis made 25 stops on 26 Rampage shots while Markstrom turned aside 34 of the 36 Barons shots he faced.
The Rampage and Barons will play Game 4 of their series on Thursday at 7 p.m. (CST) at the AT&T Center.
American Hockey League Stories from May 7, 2012
- Rampage Fall to Barons 2-1 in OT in Game 3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale Knot Series with 4-1 Win - Connecticut Whale
- Series Tied at 2-2 After Whale Victory in Game 4 - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Add Myeno to Ticket Sales Staff - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears Graduates Continue Pursuit of Stanley Cup - Hershey Bears
- Howard Baldwin, Jr. to Step Down as Whalers Sports & Entertainment President - Connecticut Whale
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Announce $10,000 School Technology Giveaway - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.