BayBears Take Two from Braves in DoubleheaderMay 3, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Mobile BayBears
The BayBears were led by Archie Gilbert in the first game. Gilbert went two for five at the plate and drove in four runs. Yazy Arbelo had a season best three hits in four at-bats. Right-hander Derek Eitel took the mound for Mobile when the game was resumed Thursday evening and earned the win, pitching five innings while allowing just two runs. BayBear righty Matt Gorgen earned his second save of the year, allowing just one hit and striking out four over the final two innings to seal the 7-4 Mobile win.
In game two, BayBear manager Turner Ward put the ball in the hands of left-handed reliever Taylor Sinclair to make a spot start in the seven inning affair. Sinclair pitched three perfect innings before being relieved by right-hander Bryan Henry. Henry held the Braves off the scoreboard for the next two frames and was credited with the win. The bullpen continued to hold the Braves scoreless after lefty Eury De La Rosa earned a hold in his scoreless inning of work. Right-hander Evan Marshall earned his fourth save of the season, holding the Braves hitless in the seventh inning. The BayBear offense was provided by Matt Davidson with an RBI single in the first inning and a solo home run off the bat of Alfredo Marte in the sixth inning that capped the BayBear's 2-0 win over the Braves in game two.
The Braves and BayBears continue their series Friday night at 7:05 PM. Mobile will send RHP Chase Anderson (1-0) to the hill. The Braves will oppose with RHP David Hale (2-2). Fans are encouraged to stick around after Friday night's game for the third fireworks show of the season. It's going to be a majestic "Concert in the Sky" presented in part by Buffalo Rock Pepsi, Treadwell Ford, Treadwell Honda, Costal Bank and Trust and WKRG TV5 and 95KSJ. For more information on upcoming games and promotions, or to purchase tickets, call 251-479-BEAR, visit the official team website at MobileBayBears.com or by "Liking" the Mobile BayBears on Facebook and following the team on Twitter @Mobile_BayBears.
Southern League Stories from May 3, 2012
- Generals Pitch Well But Earn Double-Header Split - Jackson Generals
- BayBears Take Two from Braves in Doubleheader - Mobile BayBears
- Stars' Winning Streak Snapped at Six - Huntsville Stars
- Smokies Unable to Overcome Deficit and Fall 7-4 Friday - Tennessee Smokies
- Greene Drives In Two As Barons Beat The Suns 5-2 - Birmingham Barons
- Stars' Streak Snapped At Six - Huntsville Stars
- M-Braves Suffer Doubleheader Sweep to BayBears, 7-4, 2-0 - Mississippi Braves
- Dyer, Biscuits Bounce Back - Montgomery Biscuits
- Both Wahoos Games on My 35 TV Tonight - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Homestand Highlights - Chattanooga Lookouts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.