Sacramento wins at Raley Field, 5-1April 27, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tucson Padres
The River Cats came up swinging in the first inning, pounding four hits on the first six pitches of the game thrown by Jeff Suppan. The River Cats scored on RBI singles by Collin Cowgill, Brandon Moss and Derek Norris, plating three runs in the first inning. Sacramento added runs in the fourth and sixth in the comfortable win.
Beamer Weems went 0-for-3 with two lineouts in his first game since April 11 after missing time with a strained hamstring. Catcher Yasmani Grandal was also activated from the disabled list but did not appear in the game. Sacramento outfielder Brandon Moss collected his 1,000th minor league hit with a single in the sixth inning.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 27, 2012
- Aces Play Long Ball for 12-7 Win over Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Even Series at Oklahoma City, 8-3 - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Fall Short on Friday, 8-3 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Sanabia Shuts Down Albuquerque 2-1 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- 'Topes Nipped by Z's, 2-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Late Rally Lifts Memphis Past Omaha - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Better Eighth Than Never - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Cubs vs. Nashville Sounds Game Postponed - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds, Cubs Rained out on Friday Night in Iowa - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Oklahoma City - Round Rock Express
- Lopez Joins Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Aces Continue 2012 Campaign with Eight-Game Homestand - Reno Aces
- Storm Chasers Honored with Two Awards on Thursday - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Round Rock Express Return Home Monday - Round Rock Express
- Blackley Shuts Down Sky Sox In Fresno's 3-0 Shutout - Fresno Grizzlies
- Sacramento wins at Raley Field, 5-1 - Tucson Padres
- Moss Reaches Milestone, Cats Beat T-Pads 5-1 - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.