Predators Add Former Florida QB Chris Leak to RosterApril 23, 2012 - Arena Football League (AFL) Orlando Predators
Leak started the season with the Arena Football League's Jacksonville Sharks. In his only game with the Sharks, he threw for five touchdowns as the starting QB in the team's win against Kansas City. Previously he played for Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League.
"We think Chris is a great fit for the Predators," says Predators Head Coach Bret Munsey. "He certainly has the tools to be a great quarterback in the league."
Leak played for the Florida Gators from 2003 to 2006, under coaches Ron Zook and Urban Meyer. In 2006, he led the Gators to their first SEC Championship since 2000, and was named the MVP of the 2007 BCS National Championship game, in which the Gators defeated the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Orlando's Arena Football League franchise since 1991, the Orlando Predators are entering their 21st year in the AFL. In that time, the Predators have advanced to the AFL Playoffs a league-leading 19 consecutive seasons and appeared in the Arena Bowl seven times, winning AFL Championships in 1998 and 2000.
Arena Football League Stories from April 23, 2012
- Chris Leak Still a Shark - Jacksonville Sharks
- SaberCats Add Former UNLV Defensive Back Mike Grant - San Jose SaberCats
- AFL Week 8 Match-up - Spokane vs Jacksonville - Spokane Shock
- Predators Add Former Florida QB Chris Leak to Roster - Orlando Predators
- SaberCats Weekly Update - San Jose SaberCats
- AFL Week 8 Power Rankings Announced - AFL
- Predators Look to Capitalize on Winning Momentum against Philadelphia - Orlando Predators
- Philadelphia's Bear Named Week 7 National Guard Community MVP - Philadelphia Soul
- Arizona Doubles Up on San Antonio, 68-34 - Arizona Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.