Rampage Weekly UpdateApril 23, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) San Antonio Rampage
Tuesday, Apr. 24 @ Chicago Wolves Allstate Arena, 7:00 p.m.
The Rampage head to Chicago on Tuesday as their Western Conference Quarterfinal series shifts to Allstate Arena. San Antonio maintains a 2-0 lead in the best-of-five set.
Wednesday, Apr. 25 @ Chicago Wolves* Allstate Arena, 7:00 p.m.
Should Game 4 be necessary, San Antonio and Chicago will faceoff on Wednesday night. The Rampage power play is 5-9 through the first two games of the series.
Friday, Apr. 27 @ Chicago Wolves* Allstate Arena, 7:30 p.m.
A winner-take-all Game 5 between the Rampage and Wolves would be played on Friday at Allstate Arena. The two clubs have played a high-scoring series so far as a total of 16 goals have been scored in Games 1 and 2.
THE WRIGHT STUFF: Rampage forward James Wright who, along with Jon Matsumoto, set a team playoff record for points in a single game with four during San Antonio's 5-4 overtime win over the Wolves in Game 1, added a goal in the Rampage's Game 2 victory. He has totaled two goals and three helpers in two playoff games.
POWER-PAKCED POWER PLAY: San Antonio leads the AHL with five power-play goals and a conver- sion rate of 55.6 percent through their first two playoff games. The numbers mark a stark contrast to their regular season power play in which the Rampage ranked 28th with a conversion rate of 14.4 percent.
RAMPAGE ROOKIES STEP UP: Rookies Drew Shore and Alex Petrovic, both of whom joined San Antonio in the last month of the regular season, have had solid starts to the playoffs. Shore posted a goal in Game 1 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals while Petrovic added an assist in both Games 1 and 2.
STRACHAN HEADS TO FLORIDA: Defenseman Tyson Strachan was recalled by the Florida Panthers on Saturday and appeared in Game 5 of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series against the New Jersey Devils. He played over 13 minutes and posted a rating of plus-1 in the Panthers 3-0 victory that night.
A "FRIENDLY" REUNION: Rampage backstop Jacob Markstrom and Wolves goalie Eddie Lack face off against one another in the Western Conference Quarterfinals two seasons after playing as teammates with Brynas IF Gavle of the Swedish Elite League in 2009-10. Markstrom and the Rampage have the early edge in the series with a 2-0 lead over Lack and the Wolves.
ICE CHIPS: Jon Matsumoto - Center
In the Rampage's Western Conference Quarterfinal series against Chicago forward Jon Matsumoto has registered six total playoff points (three goals, three assists) to tie him for the AHL lead in that category. Matsumoto posted two goals and two assists in Game 1 before registering a goal and an assist in Game 2.
Matsumoto, 25, led the Rampage in points during the regular season with 60. The Ottawa, Ontario native has totaled nine goals and 12 assists in 33 career AHL playoff contests.
American Hockey League Stories from April 23, 2012
- Amerks Season Comes to An End with 3-0 Loss to Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Connelly, Hutton Among IceHogs Record Breakers in 2011-12 - Rockford IceHogs
- Panthers Sign C Vincent Trocheck to Entry Level Contract - San Antonio Rampage
- Week 30 - Bell on Fire at Right Time - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Calder Cup Report - AHL
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- IceCaps to Implement "Whiteout" for Home Playoff Games - St. John's IceCaps
- Cuts for the Cure a Huge Success - Abbotsford Heat
- IceCaps Release O'Brien from ATO - St. John's IceCaps
- Penguins Sign Uher and McNeill - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Face Must-Win Wednesday - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.