Sano, Snappers Throttle Hawks to Force Rubber MatchApril 20, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) South Bend Silver Hawks
the South Bend Silver Hawks 13-3 in front 1,052 fans at Coveleski Stadium. The two teams will play the
rubber match tomorrow night at The Cove.
J.R. Bradley (1-2) was hit with the loss for South Bend, allowing five runs - three earned - on five hits over
four innings. The right-hander walked three and struck out four. Jason Wheeler (1-0) earned the win for
the Snappers, tossing six solid innings of two-run, four-hit ball.
The Silver Hawks took the early lead in the first inning off Wheeler. With the bases loaded, catcher
Matthew Koch was called for catchers interference, scoring Chris Ellison. Next, Bobby Stone drew a
bases-loaded walk. The Silver Hawks would not score again until the ninth inning.
Ellison went 3-for-5 to pace the Silver Hawks offense. Ender Inciarte went 2-for-3 and reached on a walk.
Sano led the Snappers offensively and finished 4-for-5. J.D. Williams went 3-for-6 and drove in two runs.
The Snappers offense scored four runs in the fourth, seventh and ninth innings.
The Silver Hawks left 11 men on base and went 0-for-11 with runners in scoring postion.
Kable Hogben worked 2.1 innings out of the Silver Hawks bullpen, and allowed three earned runs on
three hits over 2.1 innings. Left-hander Keith Hessler surrendered five earned runs on six hits in 2.1
The Silver Hawks and Snappers will conclude the three-game series Saturday night at Coveleski Stadium.
First pitch is slated for 7:05 p.m. EST. First-rounder Archie Bradley gets the start for the
Silver Hawks and he will be opposed by right-hander Matt Summers. Tickets are available for purchase at
235-9988 or online at www.silverhawks.com. Tomorrow night (April 21), the first 100 fans to bring a
Notre Dame Blue vs. Gold ticket stub will receive free admission to Coveleski Stadium.
Midwest League Stories from April 20, 2012
- Sano, Snappers Throttle Hawks to Force Rubber Match - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Collect 15 Hits, Win 12-7 - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Wash Away Bandits' Winning Streak, 12-7 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Win Pitchers' Duel Part Two - Burlington Bees
- Homers Lift Hot Rods Over Kernels on Friday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Fall 7-5 Friday Night - Peoria Chiefs
- TinCaps Crush Cougars 12-1 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees turn tables, shut out Lugnuts, 2-0 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Shutout Lumberkings 7-0 - Lake County Captains
- Cougars Mauled by TinCaps - Kane County Cougars
- Defense leads the way as Rattlers win fourth straight - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Vega-Rosado Placed on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bad Apple Dancers Win Hoosier Hospitality Award - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Gameday for April 20 - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons to Host Public Safety Day on April 22nd - Dayton Dragons
- Loons, Dow Partner for Dow Student Heroes - Great Lakes Loons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.