SeaWolves, Minor League Clubs Team up Against Child AbuseApril 16, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Erie SeaWolves
On April 28, the SeaWolves will host "Blue Out Saturday" to raise awareness and funds in an effort to prevent child abuse. The SeaWolves play the Binghamton Mets at 1:35 PM, and Erie's hometown team will wear blue uniforms to generate awareness. Fans are encouraged to wear blue to show their support as well.
"We encourage the community to wear their favorite shade of blue and join us at the ballpark on April 28," said SeaWolves President Greg Coleman. "The SeaWolves are proud to partner with other Minor League Baseball teams throughout Pennsylvania on this vital initiative."
The SeaWolves and PCA PA will have a variety of ways for fans to donate. PCA PA's blue pinwheels, a symbol of the carefree childhood each child deserves, will be available to purchase. Fans will be able to participate in a "Text-to-Give" program promoted on the stadium video board and public address system. Proceeds from blue cotton candy sales and online ticket sales will also be directed to PCA PA. Additionally, the SeaWolves will conduct a silent auction featuring special experiences and baseball memorabilia to raise additional funds.
The SeaWolves are one of seven affiliated Minor League teams in Pennsylvania participating in some way with PCA PA this season. The Altoona Curve, Harrisburg Senators, Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, Reading Phillies, State College Spikes, and Williamsport Crosscutters will also be holding awareness and fundraising efforts at their home ballparks at various points during the 2012 season.
"Jimmy Rollins of the Philadelphia Phillies, and his wife Johari serve as the spokespersons for PCA PA and we're delighted to extend our relationship with baseball to the Minor Leagues," said PCA PA Interim Executive Director Janet Rosenzweig. "These clubs give us great geographic representation across the state during April's Child Abuse Prevention Month and beyond."
The SeaWolves open the 2012 season on Thursday, April 5 in Altoona, PA. Opening Night at Jerry Uht Park, presented by Delta Sonic, is Thursday, April 12 as the SeaWolves host the Bowie Baysox (Baltimore Orioles) at 6:35 PM. Gates open at 5:30 PM. Ticket packages and individual game tickets are now on sale at the Jerry Uht Park box office, by phone at 814-456-1300, and online at SeaWolves.com.
Eastern League Stories from April 16, 2012
- Aeros Top Baysox, 6-3, in Series Opener - Akron Aeros
- 'Wolves Drop Series Opener to Thunder - Erie SeaWolves
- No Debating Altoona's 5-2 Win Over Senators - Altoona Curve
- Rock Cats Rally for 10-5 Win - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Drop Series Opener to Altoona 5-2 - Harrisburg Senators
- R-Phils Turn Back Squirrels in Opener, 5-3 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Tolisano Leads Fisher Cats Past B-Mets 2-1 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Trenton Slugs Three More Homers in 6-3 Win at Erie - Trenton Thunder
- Binghamton Misses Opportunities in 2-1 Loss - Binghamton Mets
- Defensive Miscues Cost Baysox - Bowie Baysox
- Erie SeaWolves Vs. Trenton Thunder - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes Vs. Reading - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Baysox Host Pie Night - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Peavey Named Eastern League Pitcher of the Week - Binghamton Mets
- Linares Named Eastern League Player of the Week - Portland Sea Dogs
- Eastern League Names Pitcher and Player of the Week - EL
- SeaWolves, Minor League Clubs Team up Against Child Abuse - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.