Smokies top Generals on Friday night, 4-1April 13, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Jackson Generals
Daniel Carroll broke a scoreless tie in the top of the sixth inning with a leadoff solo homer to left that gave Jackson an early 1-0 advantage. But, the lead did not last long.
Tennessee plated two runs in the bottom of the sixth inning on a two-run double from Rebel Ridling against Generals reliever Steven Hensley. Hultzen left the game with two outs and runners on second and third in the sixth inning.
Juan Apadaca reached on an error allowing Jim Adduci to score and the Smokies took a 3-1 advantage. Tennessee capped off the scoring with a run scoring single by Rebel Ridling, his third RBI of the game in the eighth inning making the final 4-1.
Rebel Ridling paced the Smokies finishing 2-for-4 with a double and three RBI. Denny Almonte led Jackson with a 3-for-4 night at the dish.
Hultzen suffered his second loss giving up two runs, one earned on just one hit striking out eight and walking three batters. Dae-Eun Rhee picked up the win giving up just one run on six hits in 6 1/3 innings for the Smokies. Frank Batista struck out the side in the ninth for his fourth save in four opportunities.
The Generals wrap up the five-game set is on Saturday night at Smokies Park, with first pitch set for 5:15 CDT. RHP Yoervis Medina makes his first start for the Generals against LHP Brooks Raley for Tennessee. The game can be heard on NewsTalk 101.5 FM, jacksongeneralsbaseball.com and the all new free TuneIn Radio smart phone application.
Tickets for Generals home games can be purchased at the Generals Box Office at Pringles Park, online at www.jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or by calling 731.988.5299.
Be sure to check out the Generals on Facebook at facebook.com/jacksongenerals, and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/jacksongenerals. Also, download the Generals' iPhone or Android app for free to keep the Generals at your fingertips at all times.
Southern League Stories from April 13, 2012
- Stars Squeak out Second Consecutive Win - Huntsville Stars
- BayBears Walk off Winners in Whacky Ninth - Mobile BayBears
- Stars Slip by Barons 4-3 - Birmingham Barons
- Ridling's Big Night Leads Smokies to 4-1 Win Friday Night - Tennessee Smokies
- Stars Win Second Straight - Huntsville Stars
- Suns Announce Local Television Partnership - Jacksonville Suns
- Suns Drop Fourth Straight - Jacksonville Suns
- Biscuits Manage 2 Hits in Shutout Loss - Montgomery Biscuits
- Smokies top Generals on Friday night, 4-1 - Jackson Generals
- Generals off to Historic Start - Jackson Generals
- Lookouts Homestand Highlights - Chattanooga Lookouts
- LHP Merklinger to DL; RHP Rogers Reinstated, Assigned to HSV - Huntsville Stars
- Lookouts Blank Suns 1-0 - Jacksonville Suns
- Stars Snap Losing Skid - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.