Bulldogs Battle Monsters to 5-3 LossApril 13, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Hamilton Bulldogs
Karl Stollery scored a quick goal for the Monsters, drawing first blood by sending the puck past Bulldogs starting goaltender Peter Delmas just 35 seconds into the game. Less than 30 seconds later, Brian Willsie pushed the puck past Lake Erie netminder Cedrick Desjardins to tie the game at 1. Then, at 6:39 into the first period, Ryan Stoa sent a backhand shot past Delmas to give the Monsters a 2-1 lead. Robert Mayer took over the 'Dogs net at this time, stopping 4 shots for the rest of the period to bring Lake Erie's shot totals to 11, while Hamilton registered 7 shots in the first 20 minutes.
Louis Leblanc tied the game at 2 when his weak snapshot beat Desjardins just 2:15 into the second period. The Monsters took their third one-goal lead of the game when Eric Hunter scored his sixth of the season at 7:37 to make it 3-2 Lake Erie. But the Bulldogs would tie the game once more, with Olivier Fortier deflecting Gabriel Dumont's shot to register his eighth goal of the season.
At 12:35 into the third period, Stoa scored his second goal of the game to put the Monsters ahead 4-3. Derek van der Gulik added the insurance goal with 5:20 left in the third period to give Lake Erie a 5-3 victory.
The Bulldogs finish off the 2011-2012 season with back-to-back home games against the Grand Rapids Griffins. TOMORROW, Saturday, April 14th, 2012, the puck drops at 7 p.m. for Pizza Pizza Fan Appreciation Night at Copps Coliseum. Then, on Sunday, April 15th, 2012 at 3 p.m., the 'Dogs are Blowing the Whistle on Concussions for the final game of the season.
Single game tickets for the 2011-2012 season are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at ticketmaster.ca or through charge-by-phone at 1-855-872-5000. All Hamilton Bulldogs games can be heard live on AM 820 CHAM or on hamiltonbulldogs.com, or seen live on ahllive.com, beginning with the Pioneer Pre-Game Show 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
Season ticket packages for 2012-2013 are now available! Order yours today by contacting a Bulldogs Account Executive at 905-529-8500.
American Hockey League Stories from April 13, 2012
- Hogs Take Tenth Win Against Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Clinch Fourth With Win Over Marlies - Abbotsford Heat
- Pirates Trap Bears - Portland Pirates
- Matsumoto's OT Winner Lifts Rampage Over Stars 4-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Keeping Pace - Manchester Monarchs
- Keeping Pace - Manchester Monarchs
- Rivermen Playoff Chances Take a Hit - Peoria Rivermen
- Fourth Straight Win Sets Up Season Finale Showdown With Playoffs On The Line - Lake Erie Monsters
- Whale to Take on Bridgeport in First-Round Calder Cup playoff series - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks Cruise Past Crunch in Regular Season Home Finale, 5-1 - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Beat Phantoms 4-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins' Playoff Hopes Dashed with 7-5 Loss to Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Checkers Rout Peoria for Important Win - Charlotte Checkers
- 3-1 victory secures second seed in Eastern Conference - St. John's IceCaps
- Still Alive After First Ever Loss to Springfield - Adirondack Phantoms
- Rampage Slip by Stars with Dramatic OT Win - Texas Stars
- Aeros suffer 2-1 loss to Oklahoma City - Houston Aeros
- Whale defeated by Manchester - Connecticut Whale
- Pirates Power Past Bears - Hershey Bears
- Youthful Sharks Fall 3-1 to IceCaps - Worcester Sharks
- P-Bruins Fall to Sound Tigers - Providence Bruins
- Devils Can't Stop Admirals - Albany Devils
- Bulldogs Battle Monsters to 5-3 Loss - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Suffer Setback in Rochester - Syracuse Crunch
- Norfolk Nails Down 26th Straight Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Penguins Drop 3-1 Decision to Senators - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolves Clinch Midwest Division with Wild 7-5 Win - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Trip up Pens in Road Finale, 3-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Clinch Northeast Division Title with 4-1 Win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Wrap up Regular Season on the Road - Norfolk Admirals
- Bulldogs Recognize Hamilton Sports Hall of Fame Inductees - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Blackhawks Agree to Terms with LeBlanc - Rockford IceHogs
- Norfolk's Cory Conacher Named American Hockey League MVP for 2011-12 - AHL
- Cory Conacher Named American Hockey League's Most Valuable Player - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Close Our Regular Season this Weekend - Milwaukee Admirals
- IceCaps Recall Marto from Colorado - St. John's IceCaps
- IceCaps Sign Sides to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Final Weekend Begins Tonight Against Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Darren Haydar Wins Chicago Wolves' Dan Snyder Award - Chicago Wolves
- Gameday Preview - Texas at San Antonio - Texas Stars
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Oklahoma City Barons Game Notes - April 13 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Vs Marlies Game Preview - Abbotsford Heat
- Weekend Preview: IceCaps Play Three-In-Three to Finish Season - St. John's IceCaps
- Griffins Play Final Home Game of the Regular Season Tonight - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.