Tampa Bay Assigns Brandon Segal to AdmiralsApril 5, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Norfolk Admirals
Segal, 28, has played in 10 games with the Lightning this season, recording four penalty minutes. The 6-foot-2, 209-pound forward was acquired by Tampa Bay on February 21 from the Chicago Blackhawks. The Richmond, British Columbia native has played in three games with Norfolk this season, tallying three goals and four points. In 56 AHL games between the Admirals and Rockford IceHogs this season, Segal has compiled 16 goals and 29 assists to go along with 63 penalty minutes.
Segal appeared in 94 games with the Admirals between the 2007-08 and 2008-09 seasons, posting 36 goals and 71 points with 120 penalty minutes. Segal posted AHL career highs with 26 goals, 26 assists and 52 points with the Admirals in 2008-09. That season, he ranked second in goals, fourth in points and tied for third in assists with Norfolk.
Segal has skated in 511 career AHL games with the Milwaukee Admirals, Portland Pirates, Norfolk Admirals, Manchester Monarchs, Texas Stars and Rockford IceHogs, collecting 123 goals and 237 points. He also has five goals and eight points in 41 career Calder Cup Playoff games. Segal won the Calder Cup in 2004 with the Milwaukee Admirals.
Segal has played in 102 career NHL games with the Lightning, Dallas and Los Angeles, collecting 11 goals and 22 points. He was drafted by the Nashville Predators in the fourth round, 102nd overall in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. Segal signed a one-year contract with Chicago on September 1, 2011.
The Admirals conclude the home portion of the regular season schedule on Friday and Saturday against the Binghamton Senators at Scope. The puck drops on Friday night at 7:30 p.m. and on Saturday night at 7:15 p.m. On Saturday night, all fans will receive an Admirals team poster, courtesy of SUPERCUTS.
On Saturday, the Admirals will conclude the home portion of the regular season by thanking the most important members of the team - the fans - with Fan Appreciation Night. Come out for an exciting night of hockey and you may leave with exciting prizes! Beginning at 4:30 p.m., Admirals fans are invited to a pre-game party outside on the plaza at Scope, including music and games for the whole family. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
Individual tickets for all regular season games start at just $12. Tickets are available now at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com . Admirals playoff tickets will go on sale next Monday, April 9.
Reserve your 2012-13 season tickets with a deposit of as little as $100 per seat today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime!
American Hockey League Stories from April 5, 2012
- Peoria Scores Twice in Third to Beat Stars - Peoria Rivermen
- Rivermen Slip Past Stars 3-2 - Texas Stars
- Checkers Lose Second Straight to Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Admirals Top Charlotte 4-2 - Milwaukee Admirals
- IceCaps Continue Fan Appreciation Week, Present Team Awards - St. John's IceCaps
- Rampage Playoff Tickets Go on Sale Saturday - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Reassign Forward Corey Cowick and Defenseman Josh Godfrey to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Two Hershey Bears Named to AHL First All-Star Team - Hershey Bears
- Aeros Captain DiSalvatore Earns All-Star Award - Houston Aeros
- Hrivik Bursts on to Whale Scene - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks Fan Appreciation Night to be Held Friday, April 13 - Rochester Americans
- Bishop and Hensick Named Second Team All-Stars - Peoria Rivermen
- Postma Named to AHL First All-Star Team - St. John's IceCaps
- Two Heat Players Name to AHL All-Star Teams - Abbotsford Heat
- Barons Goaltender Yann Danis Named AHL First Team All Star - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barberio and Conacher Named to AHL All-Star Teams - Norfolk Admirals
- 2011-12 AHL First and Second All-Star Teams Announced - AHL
- Palmieri Named to 2011-12 AHL First All-Star Team - Syracuse Crunch
- IceCaps Re-Assign Carrozzi to Ontario - St. John's IceCaps
- Bulldogs Plan Pizza Pizza Fan Appreciation Night - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Worcester Sharks Host Boston Bruins Alumni Doubleheader on Fan Appreciation Night - Worcester Sharks
- Whale Return Jeff Prough to Greenville - Connecticut Whale
- IceCaps Sign Zach O'Brien to ATO - St. John's IceCaps
- Pickard Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Abbotsford Heat Foundation Grants Available - Abbotsford Heat
- Gameday Preview- Texas at Peoria - Texas Stars
- Cade Fairchild Named to All-Rookie Team - Peoria Rivermen
- Sheahan Heading to Motown - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Assigns Brandon Segal to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Heat Top Amerks in Overtime, 4-3 - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.