Wroblewski Named ECHL Co-Coach of the YearApril 3, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) - Atlanta Gladiators Press Release
The John Brophy Award is the trophy presented annually to the ECHL coach selected to have contributed the most to his team's success as selected in a vote of league coaches. The trophy is named for John Brophy, who won a record three ECHL titles with Hampton Roads in 1991, 1992 and 1998, and was inducted into the ECHL Hall of Fame in 2009.
In his first season at the helm, Wroblewski guided the Gladiators to the team's first post season appearance in three years. He led the Gladiators to a 41-20-7-4 record as Gwinnett earned 93 points to tie the second best point total in team history. Under Wroblewski, the Gladiators captured the organization's second division title when the Gladiators secured the South Division Crown with a 2-0 win over Florida on March 28th.
Wroblewski joined Gwinnett after he served as an assistant coach with the Wheeling Nailers last year. He helped guide the Nailers to their best postseason finish since 1998 as Wheeling advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals. Before he joined the Nailers, Wroblewski began his coaching career with the USA Hockey Under 18 National Development Program from 2007 to 2010. In 2010, he helped the USA Under 18 National Development Team capture the Gold Medal in Minsk, Belarus. During his time with Team USA, Wroblewski served as an assistant to 2010-11 AHL Coach of the Year John Hynes and 2010-11 Calder Cup championship coach Kurt Kleinendorst.
Wroblewski and Murray were both honored as the co-coaches for the All-ECHL First Team on March 29th. The Gladiators are the ECHL Affiliate of the Buffalo Sabres and the Phoenix Coyotes of the National Hockey League and are members of the ECHL, the Premier "AA" Hockey League and play all home games at the 11,355-seat Arena at Gwinnett Center, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth.
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2012
- Flichel Captains Comeback Win in Playoff Opener - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Take Game One Over Elmira, 4-1 - Reading Royals
- Farrer's Late Goal Gives Nailers Thrilling Victory - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Drop Game 1 to Royals, 4-1 - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Blank Gladiators 3-0 in Game One - South Carolina Stingrays
- Nailers Score Late To Take Game One - Kalamazoo Wings
- Machesney, Stewart Lead Rays Over Gladiators in Game One - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview (Game 1): Stockton Thunder (#5) Vs. Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - April 3 - ECHL
- Baier Signed by IceHogs - Trenton Titans
- Goaltender Mark Owuya Assigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- Wroblewski Named ECHL Co-Coach of the Year - Atlanta Gladiators
- Murray, Wroblewski Named Co-Recipients of John Brophy Award - ECHL
- Las Vegas' Miller Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Rob Murray Named ECHL Coach of the Year - Alaska Aces
- Idaho's Hince Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- ECHL Today - April 3 - ECHL
- Wranglers' Miller Named ECHL Player of the Week - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Hince Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Jackals Playoff Game Preview: Elmira at Reading - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Open 2012 Playoffs Tonight Against Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Release Playoff Roster - Atlanta Gladiators
- Las Vegas Takes Game 1 2-0 Over Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Las Vegas Wranglers Shut out Utah Grizzlies in Game One - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.