Countdown to Face-OffMarch 31, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Kalamazoo Wings
Suffering a loss last night to the Chicago Express, the K-Wings enter the Huntington Center looking to get back to their winning ways. While the regular season road trip ends tonight for Kalamazoo, the K-Wings are well aware they will be back on the road next week to start the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals.
Missing the playoffs for a third straight season, Toledo returns home looking to end the season on a high note. The Walleye, who are 2-9-0-2 since March 4th, enter tonight trying to snap a six-game overall losing streak and a five-game home winless (0-4-0-1) streak.
Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Toledo Walleye
Goals: Darryl Bootland (25 Goals) Joey Martin (22 Goals)
Assists: Trent Daavettila (55 Assists) Joey Martin (27 Assists)
Points: Trent Daavettila (72 Points) Joey Martin (49 Points)
+/-: Darren Archibald (+21) Phil Rauch (-2)
Penalty Minutes: Darryl Bootland (170 Minutes) Riley Emmerson (181 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Trent Daavettila, Bryan Rufenach (5 Goals) Mike Matczak (8 Goals)
Short Handed Goals: Seven Players Tied (1 Goal) Todd Griffith, Kyle Page,
Harrison Reed (1 Goal)
Game Winning Goals: Trent Daavettila, Kyle Rogers (5 GW)
Brandon Svendsen (5 GW)
Shots: Darryl Bootland (219 Shots) Kyle Rogers (182 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Dean Strong (27.5 %) Derek Brochu (24%)
Overtime Goals: Sam Ftorek (2 Goals) Kyle Rogers (2 Goals)
Shootout Goals: Justin Taylor (5 Goals) Joey Martin (6 Goals)
Shootout Percentage: Dean Strong (50%) Joey Martin (66.7%)
Goals Against Average: Riley Gill (2.93 ) Dustin Carlson (3.34)
Save Percentage: Riley Gill (0.903) Dustin Carlson (0.888)
All-Time/ Season Series
All-Time Series: K-Wings Lead All-Time Series: 24-11-3-3
Season Series: K-Wings Lead Season Series: 8-4-0-1
Last Meeting: K-Wings Won 6-1 on March 28th @ Huntington Center in Toledo, Ohio
Next Meeting: Last Meeting of the Regular Season
Eight Isn't Enough
Forward Nick Sirota enters tonight riding a ECHL season-high nine-game goal and a K-Wings season-high tying nine point streak. Sirota has earned points in 17 out of the K-Wings last 18 games.
Forwards Darren Archibald, Darryl Bootland and Eric Kattelus enter tonight on extended point streaks. Archibald has earned points in four straight games, while Bootland and Kattelus are on three-game point streaks.
Most Exciting Play in Hockey
The K-Wings have partaken in nine penalty shots (2-for-9) and have allowed seven penalty shots (5-of-7 saved) against. Both the nine for and seven against are season-highs in the ECHL.
Spreading Out of the Offense
So far this season, the K-Wings offense has been spread out. Fourteen members the K-Wings have earned 10 or more goals this season, only the Reading Royals (15) have had more players reach double-digits in goals scored.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Catch all the action as your K-Wings play the very best the ECHL has to offer. Tickets are on sale now by calling the Wings Stadium Ticket Office at (269) 345-5101.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto the team's brand new website at www.kwings.com . The site has player profiles, video on your hometown team, and much, much more.
Karlander and O'Neill on the Radio
Join special guests Kory Karlander and Wes O'Neill as they join Head Coach Nick Bootland and the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno this Monday on "K-Wings Live". The show is on The Classic Hits Station WLKM (95.9 FM) and online through www.kwings.com from 6-7 p.m. at Old Burdick's Wings West.
K-Wings on Radio
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Radio Network (95.9 FM WLKM & on kwings.com). Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pre-game coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 15 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your radio tuned this season to the K-Wings Radio Network.
Tuesday, April 3rd @ TBA TBA (Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Game One)
Wednesday, April 4th @ TBA TBA (Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Game Two)
Friday, April 6th Vs TBA 7:30 PM (Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Game Three)
*Saturday, April 7th Vs TBA 7:39 PM (Eastern Conference Semifinals, Game Four)
*Monday, April 7th Vs TBA 7:00 PM (Eastern Conference Semifinals, Game Five)
(* Denotes Games that Will Only Be Played If Necessary)
ECHL Stories from March 31, 2012
- Stingrays Face Gladiators in Opening Round of 2012 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades Clinch 5th Seed in Conference with 5-3 Win Over Gwinnett - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Clinch Postseason Berth with 5-2 Win Over Road Warriors - South Carolina Stingrays
- Playoff Hopes Dashed by 3-2 OT Loss to Cincinnati - Chicago Express
- Gladiators Face South Carolina - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Royals Top Titans in Finale - Trenton Titans
- K-Wings End Regular Season On High Note - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gladiators Drop 5-2 Decision to Everblades - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Road Warriors Stung By South Carolina - Greenville Road Warriors
- Condors Season Finale Vs. Utah Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Adjust Roster - Ontario Reign
- Stretch Returns to Reign Lineup - Ontario Reign
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Idaho Steelheads - Stockton Thunder
- Reign Add Goaltender to Roster - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - March 31 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati Vs. Chicago - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Express at Cincinnati Tonight - Chicago Express
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - March 31, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Stingrays Gameday: Fan Appreciation Night and the Post and Courier Hall of Fame Night Tonight Vs. Gr - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - March 31 - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder falls short in third period rally attempt, Fulton nets lone goal - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Light up Grizzlies, 4-1 - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces Gain Point to Claim Brabham Cup - Alaska Aces
- Ontario Fends off the Aces in 2-1 Overtime Win - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Overcome Three-Goal Deficit to Win 6-4 - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.