Back-And-Forth Battle Ends 4-3 for BakersfieldMarch 18, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Las Vegas Wranglers
The Condors took the first lead of the night just five minutes into the first, scoring on a goal from defenseman Tyson Gimblett. Midway through the period, Wranglers center Thomas Kiriakou tallied his second goal of the season to tie the game up 1-1 through the first 20 minutes. Bakersfield regained a 2-1 lead at 7:19 in the second with a shorthanded goal coming from forward Casey Pierro-Zabotel, but Wranglers forward Jeff Hazelwood knotted the game once again seven minutes later. With 93 seconds left in the second, a goal from Condors right wing Parker Stanfield gave Bakersfield their third lead of the night, going up 3-2 over Las Vegas.
A power play goal from Condors defenseman Josh Van Dyk late in the third gave Bakersfield their first two-goal lead of the game. Thirteen seconds later, Wranglers forward Sean Wiles tallied a goal to make it a one-goal game once again, but the Condors once again outlasted the Wranglers and collected their second 4-3 win in a row over Las Vegas.
Off the ice, the Wranglers have so far raised over $21,000 for the St. Baldrick's Foundation from donations made to players, front office staff and fans before and during the game. After shaving players' heads on the ice and auctioning off the specialty jerseys worn today, the final amount of money raised will be announced next week.
The Wranglers play the Colorado Eagles on Tuesday, March 20, at 7:05 p.m. before taking on the Idaho Steelheads in a two-game series this weekend. Regrettable Tattoo Night returns to Orleans Arena on Saturday, March 24, where fans with the worst tattoo can win tattoo removal and cover-up prizes. Tonight's full box score can be found here .
Group packages are on sale now at (702) 471-PUCK. Individual tickets to Wranglers games are available by phone at (702) 284-7777, and can be purchased in person at all Coast Casino properties, Town Square shopping center or online at www.orleansarena.com. The Wranglers play all 36 regular season home games at the Orleans Arena, located next to the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Ave.
ECHL Stories from March 18, 2012
- Thunder rally with four goals, including two by D'Alvise - Stockton Thunder
- Stockton Beats Utah 4-2: Grizzlies Split in California - Utah Grizzlies
- Express Battle Back to Force OT, Fall to Trenton 5-4 - Chicago Express
- Royals Fall to Florida, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Jackals Clinch Playoff Spot After Edging Nailers - Elmira Jackals
- Back-And-Forth Battle Ends 4-3 for Bakersfield - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Kalamazoo Scores a Season-High Nine Goals to Rout Toledo 9-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- How Sweep It Is Condors Win Third Straight, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Titans Win in OT - Trenton Titans
- Success in Face-Off Circle Gives Wheeling a Point in Elmira - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Clinch Playoffs With Win - Greenville Road Warriors
- Cyclones Close Road Trip with 5-1 Loss in Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Transactions - March 18 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Brutlag Called up to AHL Norfolk - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Royals Sign Defenseman Daniel Spivak - Reading Royals
- Bears Sign Goaltender Billy Sauer to Tryout Agreement - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Sign May - Toledo Walleye
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - March 18, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Game Preview: Express Vs. Trenton Today - Chicago Express
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Wheeling, Game 66 - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - March 18 - ECHL
- 7,537 fans pile into Stockton Arena, teams combine for 91 penalty minutes - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Clinch Playoff Berth with 5-2 Win in Stockton - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Stay Alive, Beat Vegas 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Outlast Wranglers, Win 4-3 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Reign Pass Franchise Record with 3-2 Shootout Win in Idaho - Ontario Reign
- Ontario Outlasts Idaho in Entertaining Affair - Idaho Steelheads
- Express Fall to Trenton 4-1 - Chicago Express
- Aces Kings of the Mountain After 5-1 Win - Alaska Aces
- Too Little, Too Late - Kalamazoo Wings
- Defending League Champs Claim Mountain Division Crown with 5-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Royals Strike Gold Again on St. Hattrick's Day, 4-3 - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.