ECHL Today - March 18March 18, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL)
- Kalamazoo's Sam Ftorek is sixth among defensemen with 39 points (11g-28a).
- Andrej Nestrasil leads Toledo against the K-Wings with three goals.
- K-Wings are 24-7-4 when scoring first.
- Walleye are 15-2-3 when leading after two periods.
Wheeling Nailers (35-23-7) at Elmira Jackals (39-22-4) 4:05 p.m. ET
- Chris Barton leads Wheeling against the Jackals with 13 points (5g-8a).
- Elmira's Brian Stewart is tied for fourth with 22 wins.
- Nailers are second with 26.83 shots-against per game.
- Jackals have a league-best 10 wins when trailing after two periods (10-15-1).
Cincinnati Cyclones (30-25-9) at Greenville Road Warriors (39-22-5) 4:05 p.m. ET
- Anthony Luciani leads Cincinnati against the Road Warriors with six points (3g-3a).
- Greenville's Justin Bowers leads the league with 58 assists.
- Cyclones are tied for first with three shorthanded goals against.
- Road Warriors are tied for first on the power play at 22.9 percent (64-for-280).
Florida Everblades (33-25-7) at Reading Royals (31-27-7) 4:05 p.m. ET
- Mathieu Roy leads Florida against the Royals with four goals.
- Reading's Olivier Labelle is tied for first with 13 power-play goals.
- Everblades are 21-6-3 when scoring first.
- Royals are 17-8-7 in one-goal games.
Trenton Titans (20-37-8) at Chicago Express (29-25-10) 4 p.m. CT
- Andy Bohmbach leads Trenton against the Express with five goals and nine points.
- Chicago's Darcy Campbell is tied for fourth among defensemen with 16 power-play assists.
- Titans are league's third-least penalized team with 13.55 penalty minutes per game.
- Express are 20-1-4 when leading after two periods.
Bakersfield Condors (21-37-7) at Las Vegas Wranglers (39-21-5) 2:05 p.m. PT
- Peter Boyd leads Bakersfield against the Wranglers with five points (3g-2a).
- Las Vegas' Adam Miller is fourth with 74 points (29g-45a).
- Wranglers are 24-5-2 when scoring first.
- Condors are second with 11 shorthanded goals.
Utah Grizzlies (30-31-5) at Stockton Thunder (31-29-5) 4 p.m. PT
- Mitch Wahl leads Utah against the Thunder with six points (3g-3a).
- Stockton's Mike Little is second among rookies in plus-minus at +17.
- Grizzlies are 16-1-2 when leading after two periods.
- Thunder are tied for fourth with five shorthanded goals against.
Kelly Cup Playoffs Update
Elmira can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Sunday if:
Elmira wins AND Chicago loses
Greenville can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Sunday if:
Greenville wins OR Chicago loses in regulation OR Greenville loses in overtime/shootout AND Chicago loses
Idaho can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Sunday if:
ECHL Stories from March 18, 2012
- Thunder rally with four goals, including two by D'Alvise - Stockton Thunder
- Stockton Beats Utah 4-2: Grizzlies Split in California - Utah Grizzlies
- Express Battle Back to Force OT, Fall to Trenton 5-4 - Chicago Express
- Royals Fall to Florida, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Jackals Clinch Playoff Spot After Edging Nailers - Elmira Jackals
- Back-And-Forth Battle Ends 4-3 for Bakersfield - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Kalamazoo Scores a Season-High Nine Goals to Rout Toledo 9-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- How Sweep It Is Condors Win Third Straight, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Titans Win in OT - Trenton Titans
- Success in Face-Off Circle Gives Wheeling a Point in Elmira - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Clinch Playoffs With Win - Greenville Road Warriors
- Cyclones Close Road Trip with 5-1 Loss in Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Transactions - March 18 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Brutlag Called up to AHL Norfolk - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Royals Sign Defenseman Daniel Spivak - Reading Royals
- Bears Sign Goaltender Billy Sauer to Tryout Agreement - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Sign May - Toledo Walleye
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - March 18, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Game Preview: Express Vs. Trenton Today - Chicago Express
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Wheeling, Game 66 - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - March 18 - ECHL
- 7,537 fans pile into Stockton Arena, teams combine for 91 penalty minutes - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Clinch Playoff Berth with 5-2 Win in Stockton - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Stay Alive, Beat Vegas 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Outlast Wranglers, Win 4-3 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Reign Pass Franchise Record with 3-2 Shootout Win in Idaho - Ontario Reign
- Ontario Outlasts Idaho in Entertaining Affair - Idaho Steelheads
- Express Fall to Trenton 4-1 - Chicago Express
- Aces Kings of the Mountain After 5-1 Win - Alaska Aces
- Too Little, Too Late - Kalamazoo Wings
- Defending League Champs Claim Mountain Division Crown with 5-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Royals Strike Gold Again on St. Hattrick's Day, 4-3 - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.