Bulldogs Fall To Griffins, 5-3March 18, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Hamilton Bulldogs
Gabriel Dumont opened the scoring for the 'Dogs just 1:10 into the first period, rifling a shot past Griffins netminder Ty Conklin for his 10th of the season. Then, at 3:55, Francis Pare took advantage of a 2-on-1 opportunity to tie the game at 1. Pare's shot hit the post before deflecting past Bulldogs goaltender Robert Mayer. After 20 minutes, Grand Rapids was outshooting Hamilton 16-10.
The Griffins took a 2-1 lead at 8:34 in the second period when Mitch Callahan converted Louis-Marc Aubry's pass into a top shelf goal. Dumont made it 2-2 when he scored his second of the game on the power play at 17:17 into the second period, with Ian Schultz and Olivier Malka recording the assists. But Gustav Nyquist would take it right back just 1:20 later, scoring his 21st of the season to give Grand Rapids a 3-2 lead.
Joonas Nattinen snapped a 6-game pointless streak to make it 3-all at 7:43 in the third period, with Alain Berger assisting on the Bulldogs' goal. The Griffins took a 4-3 lead on a disputed power play goal that saw Mayer fall to the ice before Nyquist's shot crossed the Bulldogs' goal line. Less than a minute later, Brent Raedeke gave his team a 5-3 lead to cement the Griffins' win.
The Bulldogs will now travel to Illinois to face the Rockford IceHogs on Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 at 8 p.m. at the Rockford MetroCentre. All Hamilton Bulldogs games can be heard live on AM 820 CHAM or on hamiltonbulldogs.com, or seen live on ahllive.com beginning with the Pioneer Pre-Game Show 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
Single game tickets for the 2011-2012 season are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at ticketmaster.ca or through charge-by-phone at 1-855-872-5000.
American Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2012
- Pirates Steal Point from Whale - Portland Pirates
- Fallon Leads Aeros to 2-1 Shootout Win - Houston Aeros
- Devils Get Chances But Fall to Hershey - Albany Devils
- Bears Earn Sweep of Devils, Weekend - Hershey Bears
- Shorthanded IceCaps fall to Monarchs - St. John's IceCaps
- Whale Top Pirates in Shootout - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Fall to Bruins 5-1 - One Point out of 8th and Final Playoff Spot - Springfield Falcons
- P-Bruins Defeat Falcons 5-1 - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Shut Down Checkers, Set Record for Longest Winning Streak in AHL History - Norfolk Admirals
- Sharks Bite Sound Tigers 5-2 in Feisty Affair - Worcester Sharks
- Norfolk Makes History at Checkers' Expense - Charlotte Checkers
- Munroe Wins 100th as Penguins Beat Senators - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Clean Sweep on the Rock - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Drop Marlies, 3-2 - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Fall to Penguins, 3-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Norfolk Admirals Set AHL Record with 18th Consecutive Win - AHL
- Red Wings Recall Nyquist - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Aeros Game Day, March 18: Aeros Vs. OKC - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Sign Forward Bryan Brutlag to Tryout - Norfolk Admirals
- Bears Sign Goaltender Billy Sauer to Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Dane Byers to AHL's Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Layton Assigned to Allen - Texas Stars
- Jets Recall Machacek from IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bulldogs Fall To Griffins, 5-3 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros defeat Abbotsford Heat 1-0 in a shootout - Houston Aeros
- Nyquist Sets Griffins' Rookie Scoring Record in 5-3 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.