ECHL Today - March 17March 17, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL)
- Greenville's Jyri Niemi is third among defensemen with three game-winning goals.
- Nikita Kashirsky leads Gwinnett against the Road Warriors with 12 points (4g-8a).
- Road Warriors are fifth with 3.26 goals per game.
- Gladiators are 17-3-11 in one-goal games.
Wheeling Nailers (35-23-6) at Reading Royals (30-27-7) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Wheeling's Andrew Hotham is fifth among defensemen with 40 points (7g-33a).
- Yannick Tifu leads Reading against the Nailers with 15 points (4g-11a).
- Nailers are first with 34.05 shots per game.
- Royals are tied for fifth with nine shorthanded goals.
Cincinnati Cyclones (30-24-9) at South Carolina Stingrays (34-24-7) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Cincinnati's Mathieu Aubin is sixth with 61 points (28g-34a).
- South Carolina's Trent Campbell is tied for first with four shorthanded assists.
- Cyclones are 20-7-4 when scoring first.
- Stingrays are second with 2.42 goals-against per game.
Toledo Walleye (27-31-6) at Kalamazoo Wings (34-23-7) 7:30 p.m. ET
- Toledo's Joey Martin is eighth among rookies with 44 points (19g-25a).
- Darryl Bootland leads Kalamazoo against the Walleye with nine goals.
- Walleye are 18-9-6 in one-goal games.
- K-Wings are tied for first on the power play at home at 23.6 percent (35-for-148).
Florida Everblades (33-24-7) at Elmira Jackals (38-22-4) 7:35 p.m. ET
- Matt Beca leads Florida against the Jackals with nine points (2g-7a).
- Elmira's Dustin Gazley leads rookies with 73 points (21g-52a).
- Everblades have outscored their opponents 93-68 in the second period.
- Jackals are 21-8-4 in one-goal games.
Trenton Titans (19-37-8) at Chicago Express (29-24-10) 7:30 p.m. CT
- Trenton's Dave Caruso is fourth with 1,166 saves.
- Chicago's Nathan Lutz leads the league in plus-minus at +25.
- Titans are seventh on the power play at 19.0 percent (50-for-263).
- Express are 20-1-4 when leading after two periods.
Alaska Aces (40-16-9) at Colorado Eagles (33-24-6) 7:05 p.m. MT
- Alaska's Kane Lafranchise is tied for second among rookies in plus-minus at +17.
- Colorado's Kyle Jones is second with 28 wins.
- Aces are 32-7-3 when scoring first.
- Eagles are second with 3.57 goals per game.
Ontario Reign (38-18-8) at Idaho Steelheads (27-30-8) 7:10 p.m. MT
- Ontario's Derek Couture is tied for first with 13 power-play goals.
- Derek LeBlanc leads Idaho against the Reign with seven points (3g-4a).
- Reign are third on the power play on the road at 22.0 percent (37-for-168).
- Steelheads are 14-2-6 when leading after two periods.
Las Vegas Wranglers (39-20-5) at Bakersfield Condors (20-37-7) 7 p.m. PT
- Las Vegas' Adam Miller is tied for fourth with 29 goals.
- Robby Dee leads Bakersfield against the Wranglers with three goals.
- Wranglers are third with 2.67 goals-against per game.
- Condors are 13-2-1 when leading after two periods.
Utah Grizzlies (29-31-5) at Stockton Thunder (31-28-5) 7:30 p.m. PT
- Utah's Andrew Engelage is second with 1,230 saves.
- Stockton's Gabriel Levesque is first among rookies with a 23.5 percent shooting percentage (8-for-34).
- Grizzlies are 22-7-5 in one-goal games.
- Thunder are 19-0-1 when leading after two periods.
MOST GOALS, CAREER
368 - Rod Taylor (Hampton Roads, Richmond, Roanoke, South Carolina, Peoria, Toledo - 1991-2003)
- Wes Goldie (Pee Dee, Victoria, Alaska - 1999-2004, 2006-Present)
Kelly Cup Playoffs Update
Gwinnett can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Saturday if:
Gwinnett wins OR Chicago loses in regulation OR Gwinnett loses in overtime/shootout AND Chicago loses
Greenville can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Saturday if:
Greenville wins AND Chicago loses
Utah can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Saturday if:
Utah wins OR Utah loses in overtime/shootout OR Bakersfield loses
Idaho can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Saturday if:
Idaho wins OR Bakersfield loses in regulation OR Idaho loses in overtime/shootout AND Bakersfield loses
Alaska can clinch the Mountain Division championship on Saturday if:
ECHL Stories from March 17, 2012
- Titans Halt Express, Losing Streak - Trenton Titans
- Gazley Pulls into Tie for ECHL's Scoring Lead - Elmira Jackals
- Wheeling Earns Important Point in Reading - Wheeling Nailers
- Gladiators Clinch Playoff Berth with 4-3 Win - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Toledo Downs Kalamazoo in a Shootout 4-3 - Toledo Walleye
- Road Warriors Turned Away In Gwinnett - Greenville Road Warriors
- Cyclones Sunk by Stingrays, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Topple Cyclones on Military Appreciation Night - South Carolina Stingrays
- Case Returns to Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- Defenseman Zach McKelvie Recalled to Providence - Reading Royals
- Edmonton Reassigns Goaltender Olivier Roy to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Vs. Las Vegas Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Stingrays Gameday: Military Appreciation Night Tonight Vs. Cincinnati - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - March 17 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Express Vs. Trenton Tonight - Chicago Express
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at South Carolina - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - March 17, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Florida - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - March 17 - ECHL
- 6,017 fans enjoy wild third period, Thunder three-goal rally and victory - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Still Fighting, Beat Utah 5-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Wild Third Ends 3-1 for Stockton - Las Vegas Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.