Cyclones Blanked by Gladiators, 2-0March 10, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Cincinnati Cyclones
After nearly playing a scoreless first period, Gwinnett's David Brownschidle broke the deadlock at 18:20 by batting a loose puck past Chet Pickard (L, 25 saves, 12-11-0-2) to give the Gladiators a 1-0 lead at the first intermission.
Nikita Kashirsky was the beneficiary of a lucky bounce midway thorough the middle stanza; after a shot redirected to the middle off of Jonathan Parker, Kashirsky slid the rebound under Pickard for a 2-0 Gwinnett lead at the 12:40 mark. And despite outshooting the Gladiators 24-18 through two periods, the Cyclones trailed 2-0.
After having blanked the Cyclones back on February 22, Gwinnett goalie Ryan Zapolski (W, 30 saves, 8-2-0-1) continued his shutout streak by turning aside six more Cincinnati shots in the third period to earn his second-consecutive shutout over the Cyclones by the 2-0 final score.
Cincinnati will now head east and visit the South Carolina Stingrays tomorrow afternoon at 4:05pm. Fans can hear all the action of the tilt on the Cyclones Radio Network beginning at 3:50pm.
The Cyclones will return to U.S. Bank Arena on Wednesday, March 21 when they welcome in the Chicago Express at 7:30pm. It will be the final Wet Wednesday of the season, featuring $1 PBR and Miller High Life. In addition, a pre-game Pucks N Pinot wine tasting event will be available for purchase. Secure your seats now by calling 513.421.PUCK or log on to CyclonesHockey.com. Fans can also get the latest team updates throughout the season on Facebook and Twitter (@CincyCyclones).
ECHL Stories from March 10, 2012
- Grizzlies escape defeat - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Beat Stockton 4-3 for 3rd-Straight Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Refuse to Go Away in Shootout Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Burgdoerfer Tallies Late, Condors Win in a Shootout 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Knocked off by Wranglers 4-1 - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Regain First Place with 4-1 Win Over Reign - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Royals Take Titans to Task, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Blanked by Gladiators, 2-0 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Set Franchise Mark for Home Wins in a Season with 5-1 Victory - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Remain in First with 2-0 Win Over Cyclones - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Madore Dazzles Between The Pipes - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Beats Toledo 5-1 - Toledo Walleye
- Madore Blanks Wings as Express Win 2-0 - Chicago Express
- Delmas' Shutout Streak Ends at 146:02 - Wheeling Nailers
- Sauer Stands Tall in Shootout Loss to Road Warriors - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Shoot Down Stingrays - Greenville Road Warriors
- Kenny Ryan Recalled to Toronto Marlies - Reading Royals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 10 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Gwinnett - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Gameday: Faith and Fun Night Tonight Vs. Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Express at Kalamazoo Tonight - Chicago Express
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Toledo - Elmira Jackals
- Blake Parlett Reassigned to Connecticut - Greenville Road Warriors
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - March 10, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Today - March 10 - ECHL
- Aces Come Back for 3-1 Win Over Eagles. - Alaska Aces
- Aces Score Three in the Third in 3-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Reign Lose to Wranglers 2-1 in a Shootout - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Beat Reign in 2-1 Shootout Win - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Playoff clinch put on hold for one night, Reber nets lone Thunder goal) - Stockton Thunder
- Idaho Outlasts Bakersfield in a Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Beat Stockton 4-1: Win Second-Straight - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Take One Point in a 2-1 Shootout Loss to Idaho - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.