Jackals Set Franchise Mark for Home Wins in a Season with 5-1 VictoryMarch 10, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Elmira Jackals
Elmira pounced on Toledo early and often throughout the game, outshooting the Walleye in the contest, 33-17.
Kyle Reeds kicked off the scoring for the Jackals, putting in a rebound off a shot from Jean Bourbeau at 6:06 of the opening period to give Elmira a 1-0 lead.
Kris Belan's shot from the left circle moments later deflected off of Brian Stewart and in, tying the contest, 1-1, at 7:53.
Elmira controlled the scoring from that point. Rob Bellamy gave the Jackals the lead for good at 9:24 of the opening frame, backhanding a puck past Alec Richards for his eventual fourth game-winning goal of the season, putting Elmira back in front, 2-1.
Louie Caporusso banked a puck in off of Richards with Elmira on a power play at 4:37 of the second, increasing the advantage to 3-1.
Mike Radja blasted a puck in from the left circle at 10:02 of the second, making it 4-1.
In the third period, Bourbeau snapped in a puck high past Richards' glove, closing out the scoring, 5-1, at 12:46.
Stewart (22-10-1-0) won his fifth-straight game, needing to make only 16 stops for the victory. Richards (6-5-0-1) made 28 saves on 33 shots in the loss.
Elmira stays at home next weekend, hosting Florida on Friday and Saturday and Wheeling on Sunday. To reserve your seats call (607) 734-PUCK (7825), visit the First Arena Box Office, or log onto JackalsHockey.com.
The Jackals' record for wins on home ice was initially set in their first ECHL season of 2007-2008...Caporusso has goals in five-straight games dating back to Jan. 20 and has scored goals in consecutive contests since returning from a six-week IR stint...Radja's goal was his team-leading 23rd of the season and his sixth in four games since returning from a six-week stint with the AHL's Houston Aeros...Elmira has power-play goals in four-straight games...Craig Rivet and Matt Campanale each were +4 in the game...The meeting was the first of three between the Jackals and the Walleye in 2011-2012...Elmira is one point behind Gwinnett for first place in the Eastern Conference...The Jackals are three wins shy of tying their club record in an ECHL season of 41 wins, set in 2007-2008...The victory was the fourth-straight for Elmira by more than two goals and tied a club single-season mark with a four-goal win
ECHL Stories from March 10, 2012
- Grizzlies escape defeat - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Beat Stockton 4-3 for 3rd-Straight Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Refuse to Go Away in Shootout Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Burgdoerfer Tallies Late, Condors Win in a Shootout 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Knocked off by Wranglers 4-1 - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Regain First Place with 4-1 Win Over Reign - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Royals Take Titans to Task, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Blanked by Gladiators, 2-0 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Set Franchise Mark for Home Wins in a Season with 5-1 Victory - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Remain in First with 2-0 Win Over Cyclones - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Madore Dazzles Between The Pipes - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Beats Toledo 5-1 - Toledo Walleye
- Madore Blanks Wings as Express Win 2-0 - Chicago Express
- Delmas' Shutout Streak Ends at 146:02 - Wheeling Nailers
- Sauer Stands Tall in Shootout Loss to Road Warriors - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Shoot Down Stingrays - Greenville Road Warriors
- Kenny Ryan Recalled to Toronto Marlies - Reading Royals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 10 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Gwinnett - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Gameday: Faith and Fun Night Tonight Vs. Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Express at Kalamazoo Tonight - Chicago Express
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Toledo - Elmira Jackals
- Blake Parlett Reassigned to Connecticut - Greenville Road Warriors
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - March 10, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Today - March 10 - ECHL
- Aces Come Back for 3-1 Win Over Eagles. - Alaska Aces
- Aces Score Three in the Third in 3-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Reign Lose to Wranglers 2-1 in a Shootout - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Beat Reign in 2-1 Shootout Win - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Playoff clinch put on hold for one night, Reber nets lone Thunder goal) - Stockton Thunder
- Idaho Outlasts Bakersfield in a Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Beat Stockton 4-1: Win Second-Straight - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Take One Point in a 2-1 Shootout Loss to Idaho - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.