Gladiators Remain in First with 2-0 Win Over CyclonesMarch 10, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Gwinnett Gladiators
Forward David Brownschidle broke a scoreless tie and collected his second goal as a Gladiator late in the first period. At the 18:40 mark, Justin Milo directed the puck to the front of the net where Brownschidle corralled a rebound in the slot and beat Cincinnati netminder Chet Pickard under the leg pad to give Gwinnett a 1-0 lead. Jordan Foreman had the other assist on the marker which was his first point as a Gladiator.
Gwinnett took a 2-0 lead on the Cyclones at 12:40 of the second period on Nikita Kashirsky's 14th goal of the season. Paul Flache kept the play alive at the Cincinnati blue line feeding the puck down the wing to Jonathan Parker. A quick shot by Parker was kicked aside by Pickard to a waiting Kashirsky who jammed is past the goaltender the marker. The Gladiators held the two-goal advantage over the Cyclones to end the period.
Zapolski finished with 30 saves to earn his second shutout of the season and second against Cincinnati this year. With their second straight shutout over the Cyclones, the Gladiators have notched a league high seven shutouts this season.
In the defensive win, Gwinnett remains in first place of the South Division with 81 points (35-17-7-4) on the season.
The Gladiators return to the Arena at Gwinnett Center Sunday afternoon to host the Greenville Road Warriors at 4:05 p.m.
ECHL Stories from March 10, 2012
- Grizzlies escape defeat - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Beat Stockton 4-3 for 3rd-Straight Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Refuse to Go Away in Shootout Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Burgdoerfer Tallies Late, Condors Win in a Shootout 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Knocked off by Wranglers 4-1 - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Regain First Place with 4-1 Win Over Reign - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Royals Take Titans to Task, 2-1 - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Blanked by Gladiators, 2-0 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Set Franchise Mark for Home Wins in a Season with 5-1 Victory - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Remain in First with 2-0 Win Over Cyclones - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Madore Dazzles Between The Pipes - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Beats Toledo 5-1 - Toledo Walleye
- Madore Blanks Wings as Express Win 2-0 - Chicago Express
- Delmas' Shutout Streak Ends at 146:02 - Wheeling Nailers
- Sauer Stands Tall in Shootout Loss to Road Warriors - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Shoot Down Stingrays - Greenville Road Warriors
- Kenny Ryan Recalled to Toronto Marlies - Reading Royals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 10 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Gwinnett - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Gameday: Faith and Fun Night Tonight Vs. Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Preview: Express at Kalamazoo Tonight - Chicago Express
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Toledo - Elmira Jackals
- Blake Parlett Reassigned to Connecticut - Greenville Road Warriors
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - March 10, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Today - March 10 - ECHL
- Aces Come Back for 3-1 Win Over Eagles. - Alaska Aces
- Aces Score Three in the Third in 3-1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Reign Lose to Wranglers 2-1 in a Shootout - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Beat Reign in 2-1 Shootout Win - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Playoff clinch put on hold for one night, Reber nets lone Thunder goal) - Stockton Thunder
- Idaho Outlasts Bakersfield in a Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Beat Stockton 4-1: Win Second-Straight - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Take One Point in a 2-1 Shootout Loss to Idaho - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.