Rush Earn 5-3 Win in Wild Contest Against ThunderMarch 10, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Rapid City Rush
Rapid City's leading goal scorer, Konrad Reeder, netted the only goal of the opening frame by redirecting a pass from defenseman Dominic D'Amour from the right side of the net at the 6:59 mark.
The Thunder were able to get on the board 3:36 into the second period, on a screened wrist shot from defenseman Kevin Seibel. Reeder struck again with a 5-on-3 powerplay goal for his 33rd of the season to give the Rush a 2-1 lead. However, Chris Chappell's power move to the net at the 18:43 of the period gave him his 11th of the year and evened the score heading into the second intermission.
In the final frame, a fortuitous bounce from a metal divider along the glass gave Anthony Perdicaro a wide open net for his 8th goal of the year and a 3-2 Rush advantage. Continuing the back and forth trend, the Thunder were next to strike, tying the game with a goal from Brett Hemingway less than three minutes later. Midway through the period, Andrew Smale buried a centering pass from Reeder for his third goal of the last two games and his second-straight game-winning goal. Scott Wray iced the 5-3 win with an empty-net tally in the closing minutes.
Central Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2012
- Rush Fall to Thunder 3-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Hogg Nets Game-Winner in Shootout for Second Night in a Row - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mallards Surge Past Tulsa 6-2; Quad City Moves into Tie for Final - Quad City Mallards
- Short Handed Bucks Fall in Shoot-Out - Laredo Bucks
- Lee's Milestone Goal Leads Bees to 5-2 Victory - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bees Overpower Sundogs with Second Period Surge, 5-2 - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Fall to Americans, 4-3 - Missouri Mavericks
- Oilers Struggles Continue in 6-2 Loss to Mallards - Tulsa Oilers
- Gems Comeback Spoiled in 3-2 Shootout Loss - Dayton Gems
- Blaze Battle to Shootout Win in Dayton - Bloomington Blaze
- Gems Rematch Blaze for "Kids Eat Free Night" - Dayton Gems
- Rush Earn 5-3 Win in Wild Contest Against Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Hogg Goal Lifts Brahmas Past Mavs in Shootout - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Thunder Win Streak Stopped as Rush Win, 5-3 - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.