Aeros Mascot Will Skydive for Breast Cancer AwarenessFebruary 28, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Houston Aeros
Fans can make a donation online by visiting www.aeros.com and clicking on the Chilly's Charity Skydive link on the homepage. Every penny raised will go to the Young Survival Coalition (YSC), the first nonprofit organization to focus exclusively on the unique needs of young women affected by breast cancer.
If the fundraising goal is reached, Chilly will join the crew at Skydive Spaceland for his first jump on Tuesday, March 6 at 11 a.m. The Aeros will post daily donation updates on the team's Facebook page .
On Sunday, March 11, the Aeros will attempt to set the record for the largest indoor pink glove dance during their Pink Sunday game against the Grand Rapids Griffins at Toyota Center at 5:05 p.m. A portion of every ticket sold through the Aeros front office will benefit (YSC). Founded in 1998, (YSC) was started by young survivors for young survivors and provides comprehensive resources, support and education to address every phase of a woman's breast cancer experience.
The Aeros are offering breast cancer survivors free tickets to the game; simply call 713.361.7916. Fans may purchase discounted tickets by visiting Aeros.com, clicking the Pink Sunday link on the homepage and using promo code pink1.
The Houston Aeros serve as the top development affiliate of the National Hockey League's Minnesota Wild and play home games at Toyota Center. Over 70 Aeros have gone on to play in the NHL. Visit Aeros.com for schedule and ticket info.
American Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2012
- B-Sens Ice the IceCaps, 5-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Aeros Mascot Will Skydive for Breast Cancer Awareness - Houston Aeros
- Brian Fahey Named Captain for Remainder of Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies End Homestand on a High Note with a 6-1 Win over Hamilton - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Assign Fienhage, MacKenzie to Gwinnett - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Return to Scope Looking to Build on Longest Winning Streak - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Host Three at the BC this Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- The 72 Project Update And Part Two Of Ryan Walter On Puska On Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Marlies to Honour Canadian Forces - Toronto Marlies
- Sharks Fall to Whale 2-1 in a Shootout - Worcester Sharks
- Tampa Bay Recalls Four Players from Admirals, Reassigns Alex Hutchings to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Gordon and Bitz Head to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- Whale Dodge Sharks 2-1 in Shootout - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Devils Host American Cancer Society Night - Albany Devils
- Sabres Recall Forward Corey Tropp from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Bulldogs Set for 2012 Pucks & Paws Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Weekly Update - Oklahoma City Barons
- Falcons Acquire Nathan Longpre from Chicago Wolves - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Reassign Goaltender Brian Stewart to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Blackhawks Recall Bollig from Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Janik Joins Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Church to be Inducted into Pirates Hall of Fame - Portland Pirates
- Wolves Trade Longpre to Springfield - Chicago Wolves
- Bruins Recall Sauve - Providence Bruins
- Week 22 - Palmieri Hits the Century Mark - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Recall Keith Aucoin from Hershey - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.