Condors Deal Parker's Rights to GwinnettFebruary 17, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Bakersfield Condors
Parker, 20, was originally brought to Condorstown after the conclusion of the 2010-11 regular season, added to the roster from the junior ranks in time for the playoffs. However, he did not appear in any games. Despite never suiting up, being on the playoff roster made him eligible for protection during the off-season. The Condors issued Parker a Qualifying Offer but he did not sign an ECHL contract. The Solana Beach, Calif. native instead signed an NHL contract with the Buffalo Sabres and has been with the team's American Hockey League affiliate, the Rochester Americans, all season. Parker has been assigned by Buffalo to Gwinnett, their ECHL affiliate.
Helfrich, meanwhile, has been a solid contributor for the Condors, winning ECHL Player of the Week honors for the week of Dec. 26 - Jan. 1, and was selected by the fans as the Kern Trophies Condor of the Month for January. He is currently tied for the team lead in scoring with 30 points on the season. The rookie out of R.P.I. has amassed 22 points (8g-14a) in 31 games since joining the team.
North to Alaska; Bobble-fists, Bugs Bunny & Palm Trees coming up
The Condors head to Alaska for a three-game weekend this week, with Friday and Saturday's game slated for an 8:15 p.m. face off, and Sunday's match at 6:05 p.m. (Pacific).
The team returns home for two games against the Stockton Thunder the following weekend. On Friday, the first 2,000 fans 5 and older will get a Hans Benson Bobble-fist doll, sponsored by KBAK Eyewitness News and Three-Way Automotive Group. On Saturday, the first 2,000 fans 5 and older will take home a Palm Tree seedling to plant at home, and also welcome Bugs Bunny, sponsored by Bright House Networks, KERN 1180 and Cal Water.
Individual tickets are on sale through Ticketmaster and the Rabobank Arena box office by calling 1-800-745-3000. The box office is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. And 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, with extended hours on game days. For more information on ticket packages, exciting promotions, and to sign up for the Kids Club for just $10, visit the online home of the Condors, www.bakersfieldcondors.com .
ECHL Stories from February 17, 2012
- Express Comeback Falls Short as Gwinnett Wins 4-3 - Chicago Express
- Royals Trip Titans Once Again - Trenton Titans
- Murovich Paces Glads in 4-3 Win - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Cyclones Rally to Earn Point, But Fall in Shootout 5-4 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Bag Seventeenth on the Seventeenth in Trenton, 4-2 - Reading Royals
- Road Warriors Fry The Walleye - Greenville Road Warriors
- Wheeling Defeats Elmira 4-2 in Johnstown - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Fall 4-1 to Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Defeated 8-3 in Greenville - Toledo Walleye
- Express Get Romano from AHL - Chicago Express
- ECHL Transactions - February 17 - ECHL
- Thunder Loans Rookie LW Ian O'Connor to Worcester - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Idaho Steelheads - Stockton Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati Vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Express Vs. Gwinnett Tonight - Chicago Express
- Condors Deal Parker's Rights to Gwinnett - Bakersfield Condors
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - February 17, 2012 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at Wheeling - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Battle Everblades Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 17 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.