P-Bruins Sign RobinsFebruary 7, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Providence Bruins
Robins, 30, was signed to a professional tryout agreement on December 28. Since then, Robins has appeared in 15 games and registered 2-35 totals and 74 penalty minutes, including 10 fighting majors. Prior to joining the P-Bruins at the end of December, Robins skated in 28 games for the Chicago Express, tallying 15 points, and went scoreless in two games for the Abbotsford Heat.
The Peshtigo, Wisconsin native has seen time in multiple AHL and ECHL cities since turning pro in 2006 including Binghamton, Elmira, Rochester, Albany, Syracuse and Bakersfield. Robins jumped the pond in 2008, spending a season with the Belfast Giants, during which the team won the Challenge Cup. He spent 2009 with Jesenice of the Austrian Hockey League before returning to North America to play for the Bakersfield Condors (ECHL) where he spent a career-high 186 minutes in the sin bin.
Prior to turning pro, Robins spent four years at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell. The 6'1", 220-pound forward registered 69 points and 253 penalty minutes in 127 career games with the River Hawks.
The P-Bruins are in St. John's for a two-game series with the IceCaps Tuedsay and Wednesday. The club returns to Rhode Island on Friday, February 10 versus the Portland Pirates. The puck drops at 7:05 p.m. for "Sport Bottle Night," which are free to first 2,000 fans. The team has a rare Saturday off before closing out the weekend at The Dunk on Sunday in a 4:05 p.m. tilt with the Albany Devils for "Kids Cinch Bag Night," with bags free to the first 1,000 kids 12 and under. To purchase our special ticket offers or for more information, call the Providence Bruins ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or log on to the team website at www.providencebruins.com .
American Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2012
- Admirals Top Stars in Overtime - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Beat Stars 4-3 in OT - Texas Stars
- Stone Cold Finish - Manchester Monarchs
- Whale Continue Hot Play with 3-1 Win over Syracuse - Connecticut Whale
- Crunch Fall to Connecticut - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Point Streak Snapped at Seven Games - Providence Bruins
- George Washington, Badger Band, and Wrestlers - Milwaukee Admirals
- Falcons Community Report - Team to Host a Pair of Events this Week - Springfield Falcons
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Edmonton Recalls Paajarvi - Oklahoma City Barons
- Hamill Returns to Providence - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Heat Weekly - Abbotsford Heat
- P-Bruins Sign Robins - Providence Bruins
- Sikorsky's Hockey & Heroes, Rotary Night Coming up this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Marlies Continue Homestand with Three Games this Week at Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Antero Niittymaki Loaned to Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Sign Forward Jack Combs to AHL Contract - Worcester Sharks
- Wolves Down Aeros, 2-1 - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Announces Suspensions - AHL
- White Scores Two But Rampage Overtake Bulldogs, 4-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Fight Back to Overtake Bulldogs 4-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Return Home for Showdowns with Phantoms - Norfolk Admirals
- Meet NHL Hall of Famer Tony Esposito on February 26 - Rockford IceHogs
- 2012 Labatt Blue Bubble Hockey Tourney Underway - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Jets Re-Assign Machacek to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Labatt Blue Bubble Hockey Tournament Presented by the AHL Event Info Announced - Worcester Sharks
- Gameday Preview - Milwaukee at Texas - Texas Stars
- Lightning Recall Evan Oberg from Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Penguins Assign Petersen to W-B/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.