Over $31,000 Raised at Texas Stars Foundation Casino NightJanuary 30, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Texas Stars
Hosted by Audi North Austin, Casino Night was held on Tuesday, January 24th and featured Las Vegas-style table games from the Casino Connection. The event offered fans a unique opportunity to interact with the entire roster of Texas Stars players and coaches, who served as guest dealers or participated in the games themselves.
The evening also included a silent auction of sports and entertainment memorabilia and concluded with a live auction emceed by Chip Brown and Erin Hogan from 104.9 The Horn. The auction was highlighted by unique fan experiences and one-of-a-kind items.
Casino Night is one of three major fundraising events hosted by the Texas Stars Foundation during the course of the season to raise funds for area non-profit organizations. Already during the 2011-12 season the Texas Stars Foundation has contributed over $55,000 in cash and in-kind donations to nearly 200 organizations.
The Texas Stars Foundation The Texas Stars Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 charitable organization dedicated to enhancing the community through the impact of professional sports. Formed in the summer of 2010, the Texas Stars Foundation is the official charity of the Texas Stars' management and players. By encouraging teamwork, interaction, and education, the Texas Stars Foundation strives to enrich the greater Central Texas area.
In its first year of operation the Texas Stars Foundation has supported more than 215 community programs and charitable organizations with donations in excess of $107,000. Major beneficiaries include but are not limited to; Austin Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure(r), Cedar Park Veterans Memorial, 100 Club of Central Texas, UNICEF, Human Society of Williamson County, Youth Hockey Foundation of Austin (YHFA) and the Williamson County Child Advocacy Center.
After the All-Star break, Texas will wrap up a three-game road swing in Houston on Thursday, February 2nd at 7:35 p.m. The Stars will host Charlotte at 7:00 p.m. at Cedar Park Center on Saturday, February 4th. The first 2,500 fans will receive a Texas Stars Player Magnet, compliments of Time Warner Cable. The State Farm Family Four Pack will be available for the Saturday game, with four tickets, four hot dogs and four sodas starting as low as $48.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Tickets are available online at www.TexasStarsHockey.com or by calling 512.GO.STARS (467.8277).
2011-12 season seat packages are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com. Anyone interested in purchasing season tickets, suites, group tickets or mini-plans may call the Texas Stars front office.
American Hockey League Stories from January 30, 2012
- West Wins AHL All-Star Game in Shootout - AHL
- Bishop Named All-Star Classic MVP - Peoria Rivermen
- Bell and Guenin Recalled - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Assign Watt to Ontario - Manchester Monarchs
- IceHogs Assign Zanette to Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Aeros Kick off 40 Events in 40 Days on Wednesday - Houston Aeros
- Islanders Recall Poulin and Rakhshani - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Canadiens Recall Andreas Engqvist from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- HogsâContinue Hot StreakâinâWeekâ18 - Rockford IceHogs
- Checkers Weekly Report - Charlotte Checkers
- Blues Recall Chris Porter - Peoria Rivermen
- Hutchinson Recalled by Boston - Providence Bruins
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Trade Sends Sharks into All-Star Break - Worcester Sharks
- Barons Weekly Update - Oklahoma City Barons
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Three Phantoms Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Falcons to Host Special Hockey Event - Springfield Falcons
- Wolves Weekly Press Notes - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Hall of Fame Welcomes Class of 2012 - AHL
- Over $31,000 Raised at Texas Stars Foundation Casino Night - Texas Stars
- Flames Acquire Akim Aliu - Abbotsford Heat
- Week 18 - Crunch Closing in on Playoff Position - Syracuse Crunch
- Larsen Recalled to Dallas, Hauswirth Returned to Rio Grande - Texas Stars
- Texas Stars Weekly - Stars Resume Season in Houston Thursday - Texas Stars
- IceHogs Raise $21,548 for Breast Cancer Research - Rockford IceHogs
- Jets Trade Akim Aliu to Calgary for John Negrin - St. John's IceCaps
- Jets Recall Gagnon & Machacek from IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Florida Panthers Recall Tyson Strachan - San Antonio Rampage
- Springfield Falcons Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Hurricanes Recall Riley Nash from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Joudrey and Defenseman Savard - Springfield Falcons
- Hershey In Second At The Break - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Release Details of Second Annual 'Brown & Brown Empire State Crouse Hospital Hockey - Syracuse Crunch
- West Defeats East in AHL All-Star Skills Competition - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.