Dallas Reassigns Defenseman Jace Coyle to IdahoJanuary 12, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Texas Stars
The rookie defenseman has split time between Idaho and Texas this year, recording an assist in 17 games with the Stars this season. He also spent three games with Idaho in early December, setting up one goal for his lone ECHL point. The 21-year-old spent the last three years playing for the Medicine Hat Tigers of the Western Hockey League (WHL). The 5-foot-11, 185-pounder enjoyed his best WHL in 2009-10, setting up 36 goals and totaling 46 points in 68 games played. In 241 WHL games from 2007-11, Coyle scored 25 goals and totaled 107 points. The undrafted defenseman attended training camp with the NHL's Dallas Stars in 2011 and played for the Stars in the 2011 Traverse City Prospects camp.
Texas will embark on a four-game road trip from January 13 - 18, making stops in Grand Rapids, Milwaukee, Chicago and Rockford. Texas will return home on Friday, January 20th to host Peoria at 7:30 p.m. The first 2,500 fans to Friday's game will receive a player magnet courtesy of Time Warner Cable. Friday is also 3-2-1 night presented by Community Impact featuring $3 domestic drafts, $2 sodas and $1 hot dogs. The Stars take on the Houston Aeros at home on Saturday, January 21st at 7:00 p.m. The first 2,500 fans to Saturday's game will receive a player card set compliments of Goodwill. Saturday is also a State Farm Family Four Pack night consisting of four tickets, four sodas and four hot dogs starting at $48.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Tickets are available online at www.TexasStarsHockey.com or by calling 512.GO.STARS (467.8277).
2011-12 season seat packages are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com. Anyone interested in purchasing season tickets, suites, group tickets or mini-plans may call the Texas Stars front office.
American Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2012
- Checkers Come up Short Against Hershey - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Come Back to Defeat Charlotte, Earn Mid-Week Sweep - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Announce Roster Moves - Syracuse Crunch
- Columbus Blue Jackets Recall Forward Dane Byers from AHL's Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Great Skate Winterfest Highlights Jam-Packed Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Capitals Recall Cody Eakin from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Dallas Reassigns Defenseman Jace Coyle to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Jamie Benn Selected to Play in All-Star Game in Ottawa - Texas Stars
- Kings Goaltender Quick Named NHL All-Star - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Assign Killeen to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Hit the Ice Outdoors at Manhattan Square Park on Monday - Rochester Americans
- Oilers Recall Josh Green; Barons Recall Milan Kytnar - Oklahoma City Barons
- Former Worcester Sharks Forward Logan Couture Selected to 2012 NHL All-Star Game - Worcester Sharks
- IceCaps Re-Assign Maxwell to Eagles - St. John's IceCaps
- IceCaps Re-Assign Mannino to Express - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Sign Forward Mike Bartlett - Binghamton Senators
- Mid-Season Report - Connecticut Whale
- Bowl with the IceHogs on March 4 at Cherry Bowl - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Sign Brandon Gentile to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Announce Details of the Weis Weekend Calder Cup Tour - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Pink Rink Night Sponsored by Norwalk Hospital - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ads Play Two this Weekend - Milwaukee Admirals
- Worcester Sharks Restructure Front Office; Announce Two New Hires - Worcester Sharks
- Bruins Recall Caron from Providence - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Recall Peter Delmas from Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Race Night Set for January 27; Hyundai Car up for Grabs - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Lose Joslin, Recall Murray - Charlotte Checkers
- Falcons Make Special Donation to Local Youth Hockey Organizations - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Assign Kevin Quick to ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.