Amerks to Hit the Ice Outdoors at Manhattan Square Park on MondayJanuary 12, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rochester Americans
The Amerks will participate in a team skate from 11 a.m. to noon that will be open to the public to watch. At noon, when the rink opens for public skating, members of the Amerks will remain on the ice to skate with fans and sign autographs until 1 p.m.
Monday's team skate by the Amerks will be followed by the Skate to Commemorate festivities at Manhattan Square Park to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, which is being held by The City Bureau of Recreation, Youth Engaged with Service (YES) and Rochester AmeriCorps. The event is designed to commemorate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by carrying out his ideals of peace and service to others.
Skate to Commemorate will be held at noon, 1:50 p.m. and 3:40 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to donate to one or more of three community organizations - the Center for Youth Services, the Possibility Project and Make-A-Wish Foundation - in lieu of admission, or pay a $2 admission fee. Participants also have the option of bringing two new personal hygiene or other household products to donate in lieu of admission fees.
Skaters using Manhattan Square for open times other than the Skate to Commemorate times will pay regular admission. Skate rental is $3 for all attendees on Jan. 16. The rink is located in the East End District of Downtown Rochester at 353 Court Street.
American Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2012
- Checkers Come up Short Against Hershey - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Come Back to Defeat Charlotte, Earn Mid-Week Sweep - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Announce Roster Moves - Syracuse Crunch
- Columbus Blue Jackets Recall Forward Dane Byers from AHL's Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Great Skate Winterfest Highlights Jam-Packed Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Capitals Recall Cody Eakin from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Dallas Reassigns Defenseman Jace Coyle to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Jamie Benn Selected to Play in All-Star Game in Ottawa - Texas Stars
- Kings Goaltender Quick Named NHL All-Star - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Assign Killeen to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Hit the Ice Outdoors at Manhattan Square Park on Monday - Rochester Americans
- Oilers Recall Josh Green; Barons Recall Milan Kytnar - Oklahoma City Barons
- Former Worcester Sharks Forward Logan Couture Selected to 2012 NHL All-Star Game - Worcester Sharks
- IceCaps Re-Assign Maxwell to Eagles - St. John's IceCaps
- IceCaps Re-Assign Mannino to Express - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Sign Forward Mike Bartlett - Binghamton Senators
- Mid-Season Report - Connecticut Whale
- Bowl with the IceHogs on March 4 at Cherry Bowl - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Sign Brandon Gentile to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Announce Details of the Weis Weekend Calder Cup Tour - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Pink Rink Night Sponsored by Norwalk Hospital - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ads Play Two this Weekend - Milwaukee Admirals
- Worcester Sharks Restructure Front Office; Announce Two New Hires - Worcester Sharks
- Bruins Recall Caron from Providence - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Recall Peter Delmas from Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Race Night Set for January 27; Hyundai Car up for Grabs - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Lose Joslin, Recall Murray - Charlotte Checkers
- Falcons Make Special Donation to Local Youth Hockey Organizations - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Assign Kevin Quick to ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.