Race Night Set for January 27; Hyundai Car up for GrabsJanuary 12, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Charlotte Checkers
Joining Bodine will be SPEED TV personalities Ray Dunlap and Bob Dillner as well as Nationwide Series driver Brian Scott, Truck Series driver Joey Coulter and many other drivers from top circuits for an evening of race-themed activities and demonstrations sure to entertain hockey and racing fans alike.
Hyundai will give fans the opportunity to win a car during the Checkers' "Chuck-A-Puck" promotion in the second intermission. A 2012 Hyundai vehicle will be parked at center ice and fans will have the chance to win by throwing a Styrofoam puck into a hole in the car's sunroof. Half of the proceeds from the sale of Chuck-A-Pucks that night will be donated to Hyundai's Hope on Wheels program, a nonprofit organization that supports the fight against childhood cancer.
The Checkers will wear specialty Race Night jerseys that will be auctioned off live after the game and the proceeds will benefit the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte.
"We are so proud to be the official charity of Race Night with the Checkers," said Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte executive director Mona Johnson-Gibson. "These donations will help us continue to fulfill our mission of providing a "home away from home" for families of seriously ill and injured children."
Fans are encouraged to arrive at Time Warner Cable Arena by 6 p.m. as Bodine, Scott, Coulter and other drivers will conduct a 45-minute autograph session in the main concourse. For a full list of drivers and personalities as well as information on fundraising tickets for Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte, visit www.gocheckers.com/racenight.
The Checkers host Hershey Thursday (7 p.m.) and Grand Rapids Sunday (3 p.m.). Tickets are available at www.ticketmaster.com or the Time Warner Cable Arena box office.
American Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2012
- Checkers Come up Short Against Hershey - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Come Back to Defeat Charlotte, Earn Mid-Week Sweep - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Announce Roster Moves - Syracuse Crunch
- Columbus Blue Jackets Recall Forward Dane Byers from AHL's Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Great Skate Winterfest Highlights Jam-Packed Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Capitals Recall Cody Eakin from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Dallas Reassigns Defenseman Jace Coyle to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Jamie Benn Selected to Play in All-Star Game in Ottawa - Texas Stars
- Kings Goaltender Quick Named NHL All-Star - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Assign Killeen to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Amerks to Hit the Ice Outdoors at Manhattan Square Park on Monday - Rochester Americans
- Oilers Recall Josh Green; Barons Recall Milan Kytnar - Oklahoma City Barons
- Former Worcester Sharks Forward Logan Couture Selected to 2012 NHL All-Star Game - Worcester Sharks
- IceCaps Re-Assign Maxwell to Eagles - St. John's IceCaps
- IceCaps Re-Assign Mannino to Express - St. John's IceCaps
- B-Sens Sign Forward Mike Bartlett - Binghamton Senators
- Mid-Season Report - Connecticut Whale
- Bowl with the IceHogs on March 4 at Cherry Bowl - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Sign Brandon Gentile to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Announce Details of the Weis Weekend Calder Cup Tour - Binghamton Senators
- Sound Tigers Host Pink Rink Night Sponsored by Norwalk Hospital - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ads Play Two this Weekend - Milwaukee Admirals
- Worcester Sharks Restructure Front Office; Announce Two New Hires - Worcester Sharks
- Bruins Recall Caron from Providence - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Recall Peter Delmas from Wheeling - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Race Night Set for January 27; Hyundai Car up for Grabs - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Lose Joslin, Recall Murray - Charlotte Checkers
- Falcons Make Special Donation to Local Youth Hockey Organizations - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Assign Kevin Quick to ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.