ECHL Today - December 31December 31, 2011 - ECHL (ECHL)
- Elmira's Artem Demkov is tied for fourth among rookies with 11 goals.
- Peter Lenes leads Trenton against the Jackals with four goals.
- Jackals are tied for third with six shorthanded goals.
- Titans are 7-2-1 when leading after two periods.
Florida Everblades (17-13-2) at South Carolina Stingrays (15-14-2) 6:05 p.m. ET
- Florida's Pat Nagle is tied for fourth with 12 wins.
- South Carolina's Sean Dolan is tied for first among rookies with five power-play goals.
- Everblades have outscored their opponents 36-20 in the first period.
- Stingrays are 11-0-1 when scoring first.
Toledo Walleye (13-14-1) at Kalamazoo Wings (16-11-3) 7:30 p.m. ET
- Toledo's Phil Rauch is tied for fourth among defensemen with a 14.8 percent shooting percentage (4-for-27).
- Trent Daavettila leads Kalamazoo against the Walleye with five points (0g-5a).
- Walleye are 9-1-1 when leading after two periods.
- K-Wings are second on the power play at 22.5 percent (32-for-142).
Reading Royals (12-13-6) at Wheeling Nailers (16-10-2) 7:35 p.m. ET
- Reading's Denny Urban leads rookies with 14 power-play points (2g-12a).
- Paul Crowder leads Wheeling against the Royals with six points (3g-3a).
- Royals are fifth on the power play on the road at 20.5 percent (16-for-78).
- Nailers are first with 36.25 shots per game and 24.25 shots-against per game.
Bakersfield Condors (7-22-3) at Utah Grizzlies (15-12-3) 6:05 p.m. MT
- Bakersfield's Tyler Helfrich is on a four-game point streak since Dec. 21 (2g-5a).
- Mitch Fadden leads Utah against the Condors with five points (1g-4a).
- Condors are 4-1-1 when leading after two periods.
- Grizzlies are 13-2-3 in one-goal games.
Greenville Road Warriors (16-10-2) at Chicago Express (15-11-4) 7:30 p.m. CT
- Greenville's Justin Bowers is third with 23 assists.
- Tyler Donati leads Chicago with 26 points (7g-19a).
- Road Warriors are third on the power play at 21.6 percent (25-for-116).
- Express are 10-0-2 when leading after two periods.
Las Vegas Wranglers (19-9-4) at Idaho Steelheads (15-13-3) 7:10 p.m. MT
- Las Vegas' Eric Lampe (9g-9a) and Peter MacArthur (7g-10a) each have 12-game point streaks.
- Chad Klassen leads Idaho against the Wranglers with eight points (3g-5a).
- Wranglers are third on the penalty kill at 86.7 percent (104-for-120).
- Steelheads are 12-3-3 when scoring first.
Ontario Reign (15-12-2) at Stockton Thunder (12-13-4) 7:30 p.m. PT
- Ontario's C.J. Stretch is tied for second with 14 power-play points (7g-7a).
- Matt Foy leads Stockton against the Reign with seven points (2g-5a).
- Reign are fourth with 32.62 shots per game.
- Thunder are 7-0-1 when leading after two periods.
Colorado Eagles (18-10-3) at Alaska Aces (22-5-5) 7:15 p.m. AKT
- Colorado's Aaron Schneekloth leads defensemen with 28 points (11g-17a).
- Alaska's Steve Ward leads defensemen in plus-minus at +18.
- Eagles are tied for third with six shorthanded goals.
- Aces are second on the penalty kill at 87.1 percent (101-for-116).
ECHL Stories from December 31, 2011
- The Express Fall 3-2 to Greenville in Overtime on New Year's Eve - Chicago Express
- Las Vegas Spoils New Year's Party in Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Finish Calendar Year 2011 with Win in Wheeling, 3-2 - Reading Royals
- Wranglers Cap 2011 with 5-2 Win Over Idaho - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Bakersfield Uses 3rd Period to Beat Exhausted Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Road Warriors Ring In New Year In Dramatic Fashion - Greenville Road Warriors
- Nailers' Penalty Kill Completes Perfect Week - Wheeling Nailers
- Bakersfield rings in the New Year with a 4-1 win in Utah - Bakersfield Condors
- K-Wings Dominate Walleye 7-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Fall to Everblades to Wrap up 2011 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Shootout-Savvy Jackals Take Over First Place in Conference - Elmira Jackals
- Nailers Game Preview: Reading Vs. Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Goalie Bryan Hince Signed by Road Warriors - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Transactions - December 31 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Express Vs. Greenville Tonight - Chicago Express
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - December 31, 2011 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Trade Maiani to Chicago for Johnson - South Carolina Stingrays
- Express Acquire Anthony Maiani from South Carolina - Chicago Express
- McCollum to Grand Rapids - Toledo Walleye
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at Trenton - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - December 31 - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: First Robotics Night Presented by Google Tonight Vs. Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- 6,096 turn out for Dallas Braden appearance, Thunder snap regulation losing skid - Stockton Thunder
- Aces, Courchaine Ground Eagles 4-0 - Alaska Aces
- Reign Triumph Over Thunder in Shootout, 4-3 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.