Phantoms, a hockey author and a phone app for hockey fans on Puska on Pucksby Denis Puska
December 1, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL)
Those are three of the featured topics on Episode 22 of Puska on Pucks, The Original Internet Hockey Show. Host Denis J. Puska visits with Chris Porreca of the AHL's Adirondack Phantoms which will be participating in the NHL Outdoor Classic in Philadelphia in January. Porreca will explain what it means for the Phantoms to be included in the prestigious event.
A new phone application created by Quick-R gave hockey fans of the SPHL's Mississippi Surge a chance to order food and drinks from their seats using their I-Phones. Marty Sutton of Quick-R guests on The Original Internet Hockey Show to discuss how the App works and the success rate of it.
Puska on Pucks begins a three part feature on hockey books, just in time for Christmas. This week host Puska visits with Blake Sebring of the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel who has authored three books on the Fort Wayne Komets, including one on legendary broadcaster Bob Chase.
Ice Chips News and Notes Presented by TST Media (www.tstmedia.com) has news regarding a potential sale of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, a Federal hockey League goaltender winning his 100th game, the possible return of the All-American Hockey League.
New and Past Episodes of The Original Internet Hockey Show can be heard at www.puskamediaservices.com by clicking on the Puska on Pucks tab. Fans can also visit www.oursportscentral.com under the OSC Radio Link section to hear the weekly pod-cast, as well as 10 other fan and league websites which also carry links to the program.
Puska on Pucks, The Original Internet Hockey Show and This Week In the IFL are brought to you by Puska Media Services, a communications, production, web-content and pod-casting business for sports teams and leagues. For further information please email Denis J. Puska at email@example.com or call 216-798-1197.
American Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2011
- Lee Baldwin Reassigned to ECHL Greenville - Connecticut Whale
- Flames Recall Joe Piskula from Heat - Abbotsford Heat
- Senators Send Defenceman Matt Carkner to Binghamton on Conditioning Assignment - Binghamton Senators
- Whale Weathering the Storm of Personnel Losses - Connecticut Whale
- Teddy Bear Toss, Clothing Drive, Giveaways Highlight Weekend's Promotions - Charlotte Checkers
- Panthers Recall Bracken Kearns - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Play Home-And-Home with Peoria this Weekend - Milwaukee Admirals
- Barons Players Getting in the Christmas Spirit by Decorating Trees - Oklahoma City Barons
- Regen Retained as Official Recovery Beverage of American Hockey League - AHL
- Nazem Kadri Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Month - Toronto Marlies
- Charlotte Checkers' Justin Peters Named Goaltender Of The Month - AHL
- Portland Pirates Center Andy Miele Named Rookie Of The Month - AHL
- Toronto Marlies Center Nazem Kadri Named Player Of The Month - AHL
- Phantoms, a hockey author and a phone app for hockey fans on Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Details of Power-Play Goals for Hillside Family of Agencies - Syracuse Crunch
- Bradenton Marauders Announce 2012 Coaching Staff - Portland Pirates
- Rufenach Returns to Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers Host 2nd Annual Latino Night - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- B-Sens Team with Magic 101.7 for 2011 Teddy Bear Toss - Binghamton Senators
- Rangers Return Andre Deveaux to Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Bruins Assign Caron and Kampfer - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Announce Time Change of December 31 Game in Binghamton - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Recall Defenseman Simon Despres - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Islanders Recall Reese - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Red Wings Call on Conner - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Rays Manager Joe Maddon to Visit Penguins on December 19 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer(s), and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.