Explorers Unveil 2012 Schedule And 20th Season LogoNovember 30, 2011 - American Association (AA) Sioux City Explorers
The Sioux City Explorers also unveiled their 20th Season Commemorative logo. In recognition of 20 years, the X's used roman numerals to represent the number 20, while tying in the traditional Sioux City "X' logo on top of white and black pinstripes symbolizing the uniforms the team wore during the inaugural 1993 season. The 20th Season Commemorative logo will be used throughout the 2012 season as the Explorers celebrate 20 years of baseball in Sioux City!
The American Association will operate in 2012 with a total of 13 teams in three divisions, with inter-league play against the Can-Am Independent Baseball League. Sioux City will be a member of the American Association's Central Division, along with the Gary-Southshore Railcats, Lincoln Saltdogs, Wichita Wingnuts and Kansas City T-Bones. The North Division will be comprised of the Winnipeg Goldeyes, Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks, St. Paul Saints and Sioux Falls Fighting Pheasants, while the South Division is made up of the Amarillo Sox, El Paso Diablos, Grand Prairie Airhogs and a new franchise in Laredo, TX, the Laredo Lemurs.
The Sioux City Explorers 2012 season will feature a 100 game full season format. There will be 50 home games played at Lewis & Clark Park with an equal number of games to be played on the road. In 2012, four teams will qualify for the playoffs "" the three division winners and one wild card. The wild card will be determined by the team with the best winning percentage that does not win a division. Both playoff rounds will be a best of five series.
2012 Home & Road Games versus American Association/Can-Am Teams:
Sioux Falls "" 7 games at Lewis & Clark Park & 7 games at SF Gary Southshore "" 7 games at Lewis & Clark Park & 3 games at GS
Winnipeg "" 7 games at Lewis & Clark Park & 7 games at WN Lincoln "" 3 games at Lewis & Clark Park & 7 games at LN
St. Paul "" 4 games at Lewis & Clark Park & 7 games at SP Fargo Moorhead "" 3 games at Lewis & Clark Park & 3 games at FM
Wichita "" 4 games at Lewis & Clark Park & 7 games at WI El Paso "" 3 games at Lewis & Clark Park & 3 games at EP
Kansas City "" 6 games at Lewis & Clark Park & 3 games at KC Grand Prairie "" 3 games at Lewis & Clark Park & 3 games at GP
Inter-League Play vs. Can-Am League "" 3 games at Lewis & Clark Park vs. Rockland Boulders and 0 games at Can-Am League
Games vs. Central Division: 40 Games vs. North Division: 45 Games vs. South Division: 12 Games vs. Can-Am League: 3
American Association Stories from November 30, 2011
- Wingnuts Announce 2012 Schedule - Wichita Wingnuts
- RedHawks Announce 2012 Schedule - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Diablos Announce 2012 Schedule - El Paso Diablos
- 20th Season of Saints Baseball Begins at Home on May 17 - St. Paul Saints
- 2012 AirHogs Home Schedule Unveiled - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- RailCats 2012 Schedule Released - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- American Association, Can-Am League To Join Forces For 2012 Season - AA
- Explorers Unveil 2012 Schedule And 20th Season Logo - Sioux City Explorers
- T-Bones Release 2012 Schedule - Kansas City T-Bones
- Goldeyes Open 2012 Season in Texas, Get Visit from Quebec - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Tyler Timminia to Receive Jim Quigley Memorial Award - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.