Royals Sign Coleman Vollrath and Brodie ClowesNovember 23, 2011 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Victoria Royals
Vollrath, a Calgary, AB native, was selected by the Chilliwack Bruins in the third round, 55th overall during the 2010 Bantam Draft. He is currently in his second season with Calgary Buffaloes of the Alberta Midget Hockey League. During the 2010-11 season, the 5'11", 155lb Vollrath played in 19 games for the Buffaloes with a goals against average of 3.58 and a save percentage of .896%.
"We have been extremely pleased with the rapid improvement in Coleman's game," General Manager and Head Coach Marc Habscheid said. "He is a fundamentally sound goaltender who made our decision at training camp very difficult. We are very pleased to have Coleman as a part of our future plans."
Clowes, also a native of Calgary, was the Chilliwack Bruins fifth round pick, 90th overall during the 2010 Bantam Draft. The 6'2", 180lb rearguard currently plays for the Olds Grizzlys of the Alberta Junior Hockey League where he has recorded one goal and nine assists in 25 games along with 21 penalty minutes.
"Brodie is a big and strong defenseman that we see as an individual who has the potential to be a long term WHL player," Habscheid said. "He has been having a very good season in Junior A with Olds, and we look forward to seeing him on the ice with our team in the future."
The Royals now embark on a four game road trip which will see them make stops in Vancouver, Kelowna, Tri-City and Spokane. Victoria returns home to the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre Friday, October 28th when they open up a seven game home stand against the Seattle Thunderbirds. Game time is at 7:05 p.m. For further details or to purchase your tickets today, visit the Victoria Royals Ticket Office, www.victoriaroyals.com, or call 250-220-7889.
Western Hockey League Stories from November 23, 2011
- Oil Kings Avenge Loss in Return Game - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Sylvester Leads Hitmen over Warriors 5-2 - Calgary Hitmen
- 75 CHL Players to Compete in 2012 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge - WHL
- Regina Pats Night at CCA Finals Rodeo - Regina Pats
- Royals Sign Coleman Vollrath and Brodie Clowes - Victoria Royals
- Former Wheat King GM Glen Lawson to be Honoured - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Martin Marincin to Play for Slovakia at World Juniors - Prince George Cougars
- Royals' Fundraising Efforts off to Great Start - Victoria Royals
- The Stable Relocating to Seasonal Swift Current Mall Location - Swift Current Broncos
- Thunderbirds' Calvin Pickard Named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week - WHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.