LeBlanc Added to Steelheads RosterNovember 2, 2011 - ECHL (ECHL) Idaho Steelheads
LeBlanc is expected to be in uniform Wednesday night when the Idaho Steelheads host the Las Vegas Wranglers. Puck drop is 7:10 at CenturyLink Arena in Boise.
The team also announced that veteran forward Marty Flichel has been placed on the 7-Day Injured List and defenseman Cam Ritchie has been released.
A native of Brandon, Manitoba, LeBlanc (leh-BLONK) joins the Steelheads after a brief stint with the Belfast Giants of the Elite Ice Hockey League, the highest level of hockey in the United Kingdom. In 12 games for the Giants, Leblanc totaled 13 points (4 G, 9 A) and eight penalty minutes.
As a member of the Rapid City Rush of the Central Hockey League during the 2009-2010 season, the 6'2" LeBlanc tallied 35 points (19 G, 16 A) in 41 games to help lead the Rush to a CHL Championship. During Rapid City's championship run, LeBlanc was briefly called up to the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League where he posted one assist in 11 games.
LeBlanc followed that championship season up in 2010-2011 by being the team's second-leading scorer with 25 goals and 25 assists, contributing largely to Rapid City's return to the CHL finals, where they fell to the Colorado Eagles in seven games.
With the holidays fast approaching, Idaho Steelheads hockey games are a great place to hose your holiday parties. Private suites are available and the team also offers ticket discounts to groups of over 20 people. Contact the Steelheads front office at 208.383.0080 or log on to www.idahosteelheads.com for more information.
ECHL Stories from November 2, 2011
- Idaho Ends Streak with Emphatic Victory - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Extend Winning Streak with 4-1 Victory over Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Howes and Kissel Return to Aces Lineup - Alaska Aces
- Adam Huxley Returns to Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Express Get Defenseman Steven Delisle - Chicago Express
- ECHL Transactions - November 2 - ECHL
- LeBlanc Added to Steelheads Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Titans Monthly Radio Show Debuts Thursday - Trenton Titans
- Baier Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Wranglers to Grow "Movember" Moustaches - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Holiday Hockeyfest Unveiled - Toledo Walleye
- Quick Is MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- MMA and Boxing Returns this Weekend - Kalamazoo Wings
- Defenseman Dan Ringwald Loaned to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Paul McIlveen Returns to Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Kinetic Affect to Perform this Sunday During K-Wings Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Sova Receives League Honor - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kalamazoo's Sova Is AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: 2-For-1 Tickets Tonight Against Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - November 2 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.