Rockets Drop 4-2 Decision to Medicine HatOctober 12, 2011 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Kelowna Rockets
Bunz stopped 17 of 18 Kelowna shots in the third period to help lead the Tigers to the win.
Colton Sissons and Spencer Main scored for the Rockets, who led 1-0 after the first period, but surrendered three second period markers.
Hunter Shinkaruk scored a hat trick to lead the Tigers offense while Emerson Etem had a goal and two assists.
The loss drops the Rockets record to an even 3-3 on the WHL season.
The Rockets now head out on the road for a three game weekend, playing in Victoria Friday and Saturday nights before a Sunday meeting in Kamloops. Kelowna's next home game is Oct. 20 when the Vancouver Giants are back in Kelowna.
Western Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2011
- Rockets Drop 4-2 Decision to Medicine Hat - Kelowna Rockets
- Kamloops Blazers Launch a Blog - Kamloops Blazers
- Saskatoon Blades to Host the 2013 Mastercard MasterCard Memorial Cup - WHL
- Tigers' Emerson Etem Named CHL Player of the Week - WHL
- Royals' Jerseys on Sale Friday - Victoria Royals
- Community Cares Initiative a Success - Prince Albert Raiders
- Warriors Stick It To Cancer - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Pats Acquire 20 Year Old Forward - Regina Pats
- Hurricanes Trade 20-Year to the Pats - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Winterhawks Move November 12 Game to Rose Garden - Portland Winterhawks
- Maxwell Ties Record as 'Tips Fall to Raiders - Everett Silvertips
- Oil Kings Blow Away Hurricanes - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.