Cordaro Named 2011 PCL Executive of the YearSeptember 9, 2011 - Pacific Coast League (PCL)
The Executive of the Year honor is awarded to a club official for his or her outstanding job for the game of baseball in the PCL during the past season. Candidates are nominated by and voted for through a balloting of league executives. Areas of judgment by voters for the award include attendance, concessions, general park operations, media relations, promotions, ticket sales and overall operation.
Cordaro has overseen a rebranding of the Omaha franchise, from the completion of a new stadium, Werner Park, to the change in the franchise's moniker, the Storm Chasers. Under Cordaro's direction, the Omaha franchise has experienced an increase in total attendance in each year since Cordaro became the general manager in 2008. In 2011, the Storm Chasers drew over 410,000 fans, the most by the Omaha franchise since the 2000 season.
The 2011 season marks Cordaro's 13th season in Minor League Baseball, including the last five with the Omaha franchise. The graduate of Louisiana Tech University has also worked for the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx, Birmingham Barons and Southwest Michigan Devil Rays in his baseball career.
Cordaro, along with Storm Chasers president Alan Stein, was named 2011 Baseball Executive of the Year by Ballpark Digest in August.
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 9, 2011
- Express Win in Extras at Omaha 9-8 - Round Rock Express
- Cordaro Voted PCL Executive of the Year - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Cordaro Named 2011 PCL Executive of the Year - PCL
- Military Members, Service Men and Women Get Free Admission to Sunday's Playoff Game - Sacramento River Cats
- RedHawks Movie Night September 9, 2011 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Enright Shines as Aces Take 2-0 Series Lead Over Sacramento - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.