Crosscutters lose 12-1August 27, 2011 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) Williamsport Crosscutters
The Cutters made it 1-0 in the first as Pete Lavin singled and scored on a triple by Aaron Altherr.
The Spikes answered with four runs on four hits in the bottom of the inning to jump in front 4-1. State College tacked on two more runs on two hits in the second for an early 6-1 advantage.
The home team blew the game wide open in the bottom of the third, as they picked up five more runs, highlighted by a two-out grand slam by Dan Gamache to make it 11-1. State College tacked on another run in the bottom of the seventh on an RBI double by Wes Freeman.
That 12-1 score would be the final, as the Cutters finished with just six hits and were blanked after the first inning.
The Cutters and Spikes match up once more here tomorrow at 6:05 before the Cutters return home to face Mahoning Valley. Every game can be heard on ESPN Radio 104.1 FM, ESPN 1050 AM, or online at crosscutters.com
New York-Penn League Stories from August 27, 2011
- Gamache's Grand Slam the Topper in Spikes' 12-1 Win - State College Spikes
- Jammers Doomed by Big Inning - Jamestown Jammers
- Crosscutters lose 12-1 - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Scrappers Rally Past Jammers For 4-2 Win - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Irene Arrives Early, Cancels Spinners Series Finale - Lowell Spinners
- Vermont Back In 1st After 3-1, 13-Inning Win Saturday - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Tigers Drop from First Place After 3-1 Loss - Connecticut Tigers
- State College Spikes Game Notes - August 27 Vs. Williamsport - State College Spikes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.