Tacoma Rainiers Thank Fans by Turning Back PricesAugust 23, 2011 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tacoma Rainiers
From Monday, August 29 through Wednesday, August 31, a new generation of Rainiers fans will pay a former generation's price of admission. All children 12 years of age and younger can come to a Rainiers game for just 50 cents, the same price as a ticket during Cheney Stadium's inaugural season in 1960.
Multiple Rainiers players will be on hand to sign autographs as gates open prior to the start of each game and deals on fan-favorite concessions will be available throughout the ballpark.
All 50-cent tickets may be purchased only at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, located in front of the ballpark at 2502 S. Tyler St. The box office is open during normal business hours from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday through Friday and during all game days from 10 a.m. through the seventh inning.
The Rainiers have also partnered with The News Tribune to host Fan Appreciation Day on Monday, September 5 during the club's final regular season game.
Each fan in attendance receives a complimentary Rainiers team poster as they enter the gates and will be eligible to receive a host of other prizes expected to be given away throughout the game. Special "Fan Appreciation" concession prices will also be offered throughout the ballpark.
The Rainiers begin their final homestand of the season at 7:05 p.m. on Monday, August 29, when the club opens a four-game series with the Tucson Padres. Tacoma rounds out the regular season hosting a four-game set with the Fresno Grizzlies, September 2-5.
For any questions regarding tickets, please contact the Cheney Stadium Box Office at (253) 752-7700.
For season tickets, group or party deck information for the 2011 season, call (253) 752-7707, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.tacomarainiers.com .
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 23, 2011
- Storm Chasers Salvage Series Split - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Dominate Sox 23-11 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Isotopes Eliminated After 8-1 Loss - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Zephyrs Fall in Round Rock - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Nashville Loses 5-2, Splits Series with Division-Leading Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Express Finish off New Orleans 5-2 - Round Rock Express
- Tacoma Rainiers Thank Fans by Turning Back Prices - Tacoma Rainiers
- State-Rival Memphis Redbirds Visit Greer For Season Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes Vs. New Orleans Zephyrs - Round Rock Express
- Cubs "Double-Up" RedHawks, 14-7 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Cubs Double up RedHawks, 14-7 - Iowa Cubs
- Feature Film Starring A-List Celebrity to Shoot at Chukchansi Park - Fresno Grizzlies
- Zephyrs Open Final Homestand of 2011 on Wednesday - New Orleans Zephyrs
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Aces Walk-Off with 7-6 Extra-Inning Win - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Edged By Reno in Extras, 7-6 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sacramento Holds off Tucson Monday - Tucson Padres
- Defensive Lapses Cost Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 'Birds Blast 'Topes, 16-7 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sky Sox Walk off on Spilborghs Homer - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Round Rock Express Can Clinch Tuesday - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Take Down Division-Leading Storm Chasers in 11 Innings - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.