Feature Film Starring A-List Celebrity to Shoot at Chukchansi ParkAugust 23, 2011 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Fresno Grizzlies
The production is a family film that centers around a minor league broadcaster, played by the A-Lister. Several scenes will be shot throughout Saturday's game, as fans in attendance will have a chance to be a part of filmmaking history. Tickets will remain at normal prices, and the production company will provide release waivers for all fans who appear in the film.
"This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity not only for the Grizzlies, but for the people of Fresno to be involved in a major motion picture," said Grizzlies President & CEO Chris Cummings. "We hope to see as many of our fans as possible at the ballpark as we send the 2011 season off in style."
Chukchansi Park had previously been used for other television and film projects. In 2008, Gatorade used the ballpark as the backdrop for their immensely popular "ball girl video" commercial, which aired during the 2008 Major League Baseball All-Star Game. The Park was also donated for use this January for "Build A Better Fastball", the first film created by the Hopes & Dreams Project, a local non-profit organization that uses film to enrich the lives of children suffering from life-threatening illnesses.
The Fresno Grizzlies return home to Chukchansi Park for the final homestand of the 2011 season, a five-game set with their Highway 99 rival Sacramento River Cats, beginning Wednesday, August 24th. Tickets are now available at the Chukchansi Park Box Office, online at www.fresnogrizzlies.com, or by calling 559-320-TIXS.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 23, 2011
- Storm Chasers Salvage Series Split - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Dominate Sox 23-11 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Isotopes Eliminated After 8-1 Loss - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Zephyrs Fall in Round Rock - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Nashville Loses 5-2, Splits Series with Division-Leading Omaha - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Express Finish off New Orleans 5-2 - Round Rock Express
- Tacoma Rainiers Thank Fans by Turning Back Prices - Tacoma Rainiers
- State-Rival Memphis Redbirds Visit Greer For Season Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes Vs. New Orleans Zephyrs - Round Rock Express
- Cubs "Double-Up" RedHawks, 14-7 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Cubs Double up RedHawks, 14-7 - Iowa Cubs
- Feature Film Starring A-List Celebrity to Shoot at Chukchansi Park - Fresno Grizzlies
- Zephyrs Open Final Homestand of 2011 on Wednesday - New Orleans Zephyrs
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Aces Walk-Off with 7-6 Extra-Inning Win - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Edged By Reno in Extras, 7-6 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sacramento Holds off Tucson Monday - Tucson Padres
- Defensive Lapses Cost Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 'Birds Blast 'Topes, 16-7 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sky Sox Walk off on Spilborghs Homer - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Round Rock Express Can Clinch Tuesday - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Take Down Division-Leading Storm Chasers in 11 Innings - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.