American Association Game RecapsAugust 18, 2011 - American Association (AA)
AirHogs 1B John Alonso hit a homer, drove in five runs and scored three times to power Grand Prairie to a 12-5 win over Fort Worth. Alonso also doubled twice. But he wasn't the only AirHog to fill up the stat sheet. His teammate, LF David Thomas, also hit a long ball and went 3-for-5, totaling four RBI. The Cats took a 1-0 lead in the top of the first. But Grand Prairie didn't let that last long, scoring nine runs in the first two innings en route to the seven-run win. Cats DH John Allen joined Alonso, Thomas and AirHogs SS German Duran in the home run club, hitting a solo shot in the eighth - his only hit of the game.
Kansas City 7, Wichita 6
Kansas City C Kala Kaaihue hit two home runs Thursday, but it was his bases-clearing double in the eighth inning that proved to be his most pivotal at-bat. The two-bagger turned a two-run deficit into a one-run lead, and the T-Bones led the rest of the way to their 7-6 victory. Kaaihue's first long ball came as the opening act of back-to-back solo shots in the second, with 2B Justin Snyder picking up the next bomb on a 2-0 Derek Blacksher pitch. Snyder went 2-for-4 with two RBI and a run scored. The Wingnuts controlled the middle innings and led by as many as three before the Kansas City comeback. Wichita RF Josh Workman doubled and tied Kaaihue for the game high in hits, going 3-for-5 with two runs and an RBI.
Sioux Falls 7, Lincoln 7 (In progress - Delayed - Top 5)
The game between Sioux Falls and Lincoln has been delayed due to rain in the top of the fifth inning. The score is tied, 7-7.
American Association Stories from August 18, 2011
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Ka'aihue Homers Twice, Drives in Five as T-Bones Take Series - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Bats Break out to Salvage Series - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Reliever Thielbar Picked up by the Twins - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Coles Delivers in Tenth to Give RedHawks 3-2 Victory, Sixth Win in a Row - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints and Ryan Companies to Restore Palace Recreation Center - St. Paul Saints
- Willie Wilson Legends Game Returns in 2011 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Kobayashi Plows Through Hamburgers at RailCats Game - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs and Jim Austin Online to Hold Negro League Tribute - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Last Saints Home Stand Full of Celebrations - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Welcome Denis Savard on Blackhawks Night - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Final Home Series Begins This Weekend - Amarillo Sox
- X'S DROP 5-2 DECISION TO FARGO - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Results - AA
- Two-Out Deluge Sends AirHogs to Third Straight Loss - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Comeback Effort Falls Just Short as Captains Top RailCats 11-9 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Rodriguez's Four RBIs Lead Captains to 11-9 Victory, Series Split in Gary - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.