LA Galaxy Forward Robbie Keane Receives VisaAugust 18, 2011 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Los Angeles Galaxy Press Release
The all-time leading goal scorer in the history of the Ireland National Team, Keane will fly to Los Angeles on Thursday before training with the Galaxy for the first time on Friday morning at 10 a.m. Following Friday's training session, Keane, who will wear the No. 14 shirt, will be available to the media for the first time as a Galaxy player in a press conference inside the stadium. Further details of the press conference will be made available later today.
The Galaxy's third Designated Player joining David Beckham and Landon Donovan, Keane is tied for 10th all-time in goals scored in the Premier League, scoring 123 goals in the league while playing for Coventry City, Leeds United, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham. A member of Ireland's squad at the 2002 FIFA World Cup, Keane also spent time playing in Italy with Inter Milan and in Scotland, on loan to Celtic in 2010, scoring 16 goals in 19 games in all competitions for the club. The 31-year-old has scored more then 250 career goals for both club and country during a near 15-year professional career that began with Wolverhampton Wanderers in 1997 at the age of 17.
Major League Soccer Stories from August 18, 2011
- LA Galaxy Forward Robbie Keane Receives Visa - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at FC Dallas - Seattle Sounders FC
- Earthquakes Tab White as Youth Academy Head Coach, Wondolowski as Assistant Coach - San Jose Earthquakes
- Jimmy Conrad Announces Reasons for Retirement - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Toronto FC CONCACAF Games to be Broadcast Live on Setanta - Toronto FC
- Whitecaps FC Striker Atiba Harris Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- FC Dallas Becomes First MLS Team to Win on Mexican Soil with 1-0 Victory - FC Dallas
- Zusi's Brace Guides Sporting KC Past Timbers 3-1 - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Earns 3-1 Victory Over Portland Timbers - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.