Pino Strikes Out Seven But Four-Game Win Streak EndsAugust 6, 2011 - Eastern League (EL) New Hampshire Fisher Cats
The Baysox (62-51) opened the scoring with single runs in the first two innings against the Fisher Cats starter, Pino (2-6). Centerfielder Xavier Avery led off the bottom of the first inning with a home run and Pedro Florimon walked and scored on a double by Ronnie Welty in the second for a 2-0 lead.
The Fisher Cats (63-50) scored in the top of the sixth inning. Travis d'Arnaud walked and Moises Sierra followed with a single. A Danny Perales groundout moved the runners into scoring position and d'Arnaud scored on a groundout by Gomes to make it 2-1.
The Baysox extended the lead to 4-1 in the bottom of the sixth inning. Reliever Rey Gonzalez walked L. J. Hoes and Joe Mahoney. After a sacrifice by Buck Britton moved the runners up, Steve Lerud doubled.
Bowie put the game away with a two-out rally in the bottom of the seventh inning. Greg Miclat (2-for-5, SB) singled and stole second, scoring on a single by L. J. Hoes. Joe Mahoney followed with a two-run homer, his eighth, for a 7-1 lead for the Baysox.
In the top of the ninth inning, Gomes doubled and moved to third on a groundout by John Tolisano. Callix Crabbe's sacrifice fly made it 7-2.
Zach Clark (7-7) earned the win for Bowie. He allowed one run on three hits with four walks and a strikeout. Chorye Spoone worked three innings in relief for his first pro save.
The Fisher Cats conclude the series and the roadtrip in Bowie on Sunday at 6:05pm. RHP Deck McGuire (2-0, 4.15) is scheduled to start against LHP Mike Ballard (6-1, 3.31) for the Baysox. Radio coverage with Bob Lipman begins at 5:45pm on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network.
The Fisher Cats return to Northeast Delta Dental Stadium on Tuesday, August 9 to play the Erie SeaWolves (Detroit AA) at 7:05pm. It will be Summer Reading Nightpresented by TD Bank. It's also a Kraft Singles Tuesday. You can buy one ticket and get one free by bringing a a Kraft Singles wrapper to the box office. The Fisher Cats have also announced that playoff tickets will be put on sale on Monday, August 8. For Fisher Cats tickets, visit www.nhfishercats.com or call (603) 641-2005.
Eastern League Stories from August 6, 2011
- Senators Snap Erie's Win Streak - Erie SeaWolves
- B-Mets Can'T Handle Reading Offense in 9-3 Loss - Binghamton Mets
- Baysox Storm Past Fisher Cats - Bowie Baysox
- Pino Strikes Out Seven But Four-Game Win Streak Ends - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Aeros Drop Game Two To Rock Cats, 4-3 - Akron Aeros
- Late-Inning Runs Lift Thunder Past Curve on Saturday - Altoona Curve
- Ninth-Inning Single Breaks Slide - Trenton Thunder
- Tanner Rises from Canvas to KO Sea Dogs, 7-5 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Squirrels Chase Out the Dogs 7-5 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes - Harrisburg Senators
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Portland Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.