Bulls drop second straightAugust 5, 2011 - International League (IL) Durham Bulls
The Bulls offense got going in the third when Ray Olmedo and Reid Brignac hit back-to-back one out singles. Stephen Vogt followed with a double off of Iron Pigs starter Nate Bump to give the Bulls a 2-0 lead. The Iron Pigs tied the game up in the top of the fifth on Pete Galvis' RBI-single scoring Delwyn Young and a Pete Orr double scoring Galvis.
The Bulls quickly retook the lead in the bottom of the sixth when Daniel Mayora stole third and scored on a throwing error by Iron Pigs catcher Dane Sardinha to give the Bulls a 3-2 lead. The Iron Pigs fought back and picked up two runs off of Bulls reliever Joe Bateman (0-2) in the top of the seventh inning when Brandon Moss singled to score Orr, then Frandsen's double gave the Iron Pigs a 4-3 lead they wouldn't relinquish.
Joe Savery (3-0) picked up the win for the Iron Pigs going one inning allowing one hit and an unearned run. Phillipee Aumont worked around a two-out hit by Brignac in the ninth inning to earn his second save of the season.
Durham will continue their series with Lehigh Valley on Saturday August 6 at 7:05 p.m. The Bulls will send Matt Torra (0-1) to the mound against the Iron Pigs Ryan Feierabend (9-6). Tickets are available online at www.durhambulls.com or at 919-956-BULL. The game can be heard on 620 the Buzz.
International League Stories from August 5, 2011
- PawSox Walk-Off Yet Again, 6-5 Over Buffalo - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Five-Run Third And Seven Strong From Wilk Propel Toledo To Win - Indianapolis Indians
- Bulls drop second straight - Durham Bulls
- Chiefs to Host Clinic for Inner City Little League - Syracuse Chiefs
- Chiefs to Host Latino Night - Syracuse Chiefs
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Pawtucket - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Bobble Head Giveaway Moved to August 29 Game - Buffalo Bisons
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bowker Named Tribe's July Player of the Month - Indianapolis Indians
- 2006 AL MVP Coming to the DBAP - Durham Bulls
- The Champs Are in Town - Columbus Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.