Rockland Boulders and Active International Announce 2011 Charity ChallengeJuly 11, 2011 - Canadian American League (Can-Am) - Rockland Boulders
The Active International-Rockland Boulders Charity Challenge is a pilot program that calls for the selected non-profits to benefit from fund raising activities at Provident Bank Park, home of the Boulders, on selected nights. The Charity Challenge will then match the total raised, up to a certain amount, for the charity.
"This is a great opportunity for Active, through Active Cares, to continue its support of some of the charities and community activities we work closely with in an exciting new environment," said Joe Allen, Senior Vice President, Employee Communications and Community Affairs. "The new ballpark is beautiful, the baseball is engaging and the 'feel' of the entire experience is unlike anything we've seen in Rockland."
Among the charities included in year one of the Active International-Rockland Boulders Charity Challenge are People to People, Helen Hayes Hospital Foundation in support of for its Smart Apartment Program, Jawonio, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Rockland County, American Red Cross, JCC Rockland for its Minute of Silence and Walk for Change campaigns, and The Nam Knights M.C. Hudson Valley Chapter for its Military Veteran/Law Enforcement Appreciation Night.
"We are pleased to have Active Cares and all of Active International as partners in the Charity Challenge," said Shawn Reilly, Boulders Executive Vice-President/General Manager. "The Boulders share with Active the importance of giving back to the community and we look forward to working together on behalf of these important organizations."
For tickets and information about the Charity Challenge games, go to RocklandBoulders.com/fundraiser. For tickets or information about the Rockland Boulders, call (845) 364-0009 or go to RocklandBoulders.com.
Canadian American League Stories from July 11, 2011
- Hernandez and Rox Slam Colonials, 12-6 - Brockton Rox
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Four Worcester Homers Help Tornadoes Down New Jersey - New Jersey Jackals
- Minicozzi Homers Twice in 14-5 Win - Worcester Tornadoes
- Colonials Falter In Game Two - Pittsfield Colonials
- Rockland, Quebec Postponed - Rockland Boulders
- Jackals' Leverton Repeats As Can-Am League Pitcher Of The Week - New Jersey Jackals
- Welch, Leverton Named Can-Am League Players of the Week - Can-Am
- Rox Sign Pitcher - Brockton Rox
- Rockland Boulders and Active International Announce 2011 Charity Challenge - Rockland Boulders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.