Bandits Take Series OpenerMay 31, 2011 - Midwest League (MWL) Quad Cities River Bandits
Bandit starter Carlos Martinez went five innings allowing two runs on just two hits while striking out six. Martinez walked three in the game. Angel DeJesus (1-1) came into the game in the eighth inning and allowed two runs on two hits over two innings of work to pick up the victory.
Offensively, the Bandits were lead by Ronny Gil who went 2-for-4 with an RBI. Colin Walsh went 1-for-3 with an RBI. Victor Sanchez was 2-for-4 with a double.
Martinez was opposed by Whitecaps starter Kevin Eichhorn. The right-hander went 6.1 innings allowing three runs (0 earned) on six hits while striking out four. Bruce Rondon (2-1) came into the game in the eighth and went 1.1 innings allowing two runs on one hit while walking two, to pick up his first loss of the season.
The Bandits return to action on Wednesday, when they continue the series with the West Michigan Whitecaps. Seth Blair (2-3, 5.23) is set to oppose Whitecaps starter Kyle Ryan (3-4, 3.74). First pitch is set for 6 p.m. CST.
UP NEXT: Now is the perfect time to lock-in your group outing for the 2011 season. Group packages start for groups as small as just 10 people. It's also not too late to pick out the ticket package that fits your schedule. Ticket plans start as low as $40 per seat. Ticket plans are a great way to ensure a seat for the 2011 Midwest League All-Star Game at Modern Woodmen Park on Tuesday, June 21.
Midwest League Stories from May 31, 2011
- Nominate a Hero of the Day - Peoria Chiefs
- Patterson Red Hot in Loons Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- Silver Hawks Shutout Cedar Rapids at Home - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Tinoco Saves The Day With Game-Winning Hit - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods Top Rattlers In Ten Innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Six Run First Too Much For Chiefs to Overcome Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars Drop Opener in Ohio - Kane County Cougars
- Late Rally Falls Short in Error-Filled Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bees Sneak Past Loons 1-0 in 10 Innings - Burlington Bees
- Lavisky Powers Captains by Cougars 9-4 - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps rally, lose 4-3 in extras - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bandits Take Series Opener - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kings Win Wild One in 10th at Fort Wayne - Clinton LumberKings
- Ray's Slam Lifts Snappers over Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Webb Spins Gem As Lugs Power Past Peoria - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cougar Earns Promotion to Wilmington - Kane County Cougars
- Horst Becomes 48th Former Dragon to Reach Majors - Dayton Dragons
- Loons Launch Free Android App - Great Lakes Loons
- Hauser Promoted, Fuentes and Choi Added to Roster - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Announce Nominees for Players of the Month - Dayton Dragons
- Liriano Named Player of Week - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Macias Earns League Honors - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Announce Roster Changes - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Homestand Continues Through Sunday - Lake County Captains
- Home Run for Life to be Celebrated on Wednesday, June 1st - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Gameday for Tuesday, May 31 - Dayton Dragons
- Conquer the Concourse at Parkview Field - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- "Rock the Park" Featuring Stone Temple Pilots Coming to Classic Park on July 19 - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.