Captains Homestand Continues Through SundayMay 31, 2011 - Midwest League (MWL) Lake County Captains
The Captains continue Military May, presented by Lake County Speedway, through Sunday's home stand finale as military members, their family and friends will receive $5 box seat tickets with a valid military ID for every game this month.
Wednesday is a Senior Day with a special 11 AM start. Seniors can take advantage of complimentary Folgers coffee and Bingo prior to the game.
Thursday is Thirsty Thursday, presented by ESPN 850 WKNR and will feature a dime beer Happy Hour from 6 PM to 7 PM and half-price draft beer and soda until 9 PM.
Thursday is also Date Night, presented by Fisher's Jewelers at Shoregate, which gives couples the opportunity to purchase two tickets to The Officer's Club and two meal vouchers, a $56 value, for only $25.
Friday is a Fireworks Friday as fans will enjoy a post-game fireworks extravaganza presented by Larmco Windows and Siding. WWE Superstar Sgt. Slaughter will be live and in-person as well and he will be participating in several events during the evening and will also be available for autographs. The Captains will host its first themed-jersey auction following the game. Fans can bid on the camouflage jerseys that the players will wear that night with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Captains Charities.
Saturday is a Saturday Fireworks night presented by Monreal Funeral Home and Cremation Service. The first 1,500 fans will receive a Replica Championship Trophy presented by Lake Health and ESPN 850 WKNR. This great looking piece is a desk top sized trophy based on the actual trophy presented to the Captains after the franchise's 2010 Midwest League title.
Sunday is an Andrews Osborne Academy Family Fun Sunday and will feature a pre-game player autograph session, expanded concourse entertainment and activities, an enhanced Kids' Zone area with new inflatables and the opportunity for kids to run the bases after the game. Kids who run the bases after the game will receive an Andrews Osborne Academy water bottle.
Individual game tickets are on sale at the Classic Park box office, online at captainsbaseball.com and by phone at 440-954-WINS (9467). Full season tickets plans, 7-, 12-, 20-, and 35-game mini ticket plans for the 2011 season are on sale now at great prices complete with several exclusive benefits. Information can be found at the Captains website www.captainsbaseball.com .
The Lake County Captains are a Class A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians and play their home games at Classic Park in Eastlake, at the corners of State Route 91 and Vine Street. For more information on the Captains, please visit the team's official website at www.CaptainsBaseball.com .
Midwest League Stories from May 31, 2011
- Nominate a Hero of the Day - Peoria Chiefs
- Patterson Red Hot in Loons Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- Silver Hawks Shutout Cedar Rapids at Home - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Tinoco Saves The Day With Game-Winning Hit - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods Top Rattlers In Ten Innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Six Run First Too Much For Chiefs to Overcome Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars Drop Opener in Ohio - Kane County Cougars
- Late Rally Falls Short in Error-Filled Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Bees Sneak Past Loons 1-0 in 10 Innings - Burlington Bees
- Lavisky Powers Captains by Cougars 9-4 - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps rally, lose 4-3 in extras - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bandits Take Series Opener - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kings Win Wild One in 10th at Fort Wayne - Clinton LumberKings
- Ray's Slam Lifts Snappers over Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Webb Spins Gem As Lugs Power Past Peoria - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cougar Earns Promotion to Wilmington - Kane County Cougars
- Horst Becomes 48th Former Dragon to Reach Majors - Dayton Dragons
- Loons Launch Free Android App - Great Lakes Loons
- Hauser Promoted, Fuentes and Choi Added to Roster - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Announce Nominees for Players of the Month - Dayton Dragons
- Liriano Named Player of Week - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Macias Earns League Honors - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Announce Roster Changes - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Homestand Continues Through Sunday - Lake County Captains
- Home Run for Life to be Celebrated on Wednesday, June 1st - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Gameday for Tuesday, May 31 - Dayton Dragons
- Conquer the Concourse at Parkview Field - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- "Rock the Park" Featuring Stone Temple Pilots Coming to Classic Park on July 19 - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.