Nichols Named Player of WeekMay 30, 2011 - American Association (AA) El Paso Diablos
Nichols batted .500 with three home runs, 13 RBIs and 10 runs scored. The Southport, FL resident collected 14 hits (six of which were extra base hits) along with an on-base percentage of .533 and a slugging percentage of .929. Nichols, 33, is tied for third in the American Association with five home runs and third overall in RBIs with 23.
The Diablos are on the road as they battle the Shreveport-Bossier Captains for the second time this season with a 6 day series. They will be back in town June 6 for a 7 day homestand against the Fort Worth Cats and the Grand Prairie AirHogs. As you cheer on the Diablos, make sure you partake in our nightly promotions like Thirsty Thursday, Fireworks Friday, Quartermania Sunday, and an appearance by Tom and Jerry. Don't miss out and buy your tickets at Cohen Stadium or online at diablos.com. For more information call 915-755-2000 or visit diablos.com.
American Association Stories from May 30, 2011
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Early Runs Again Give AirHogs a Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Winning Streak Comes to a Screeching Halt in 14-6 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Cats Slip Past Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Nichols Named Player of Week - El Paso Diablos
- Elliott's 10 K's help Sox past Saints 14-6 - Amarillo Sox
- Pheasants Win Fourth in a Row - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RailCats Falter in Iowa - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Goldeyes and RedHawks Postponed by Rain - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Nichols, Singleton Earn Player Of The Week Awards - AA
- Singleton Named Pitcher of the Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- Valley Center Veteran to Throw out First Pitch Tonight - Wichita Wingnuts
- Winnipeg Starts Three-Game Set with Fargo Tonight - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.