Winnipeg Starts Three-Game Set with Fargo TonightMay 30, 2011 - American Association (AA) Winnipeg Goldeyes
Pivotal Series: Although it's still early in the season, this Fargo series will be big for the Fish, as they look to hold off Fargo from overtaking them for the second spot in the North Division. Right now the RedHawks are just one game back of the Goldeyes. Winnipeg can also gain ground on first-place St. Paul, who is just two games ahead in the North Division standings coming into the series. The Goldeyes have beaten the RedHawks in four of the eight meetings between the two sides this season, including three of four games to start the season at Shaw Park.
VIA Rail Train Game: Tonight is the Goldeyes annual Train Game. On this special night, one lucky fan will win a trip for two to ride VIA Rail Canada's Sleeper Touring class train to beautiful Jasper, Alberta with two nights' accommodation in Jasper. This giveaway is courtesy of VIA Rail Canada.
School Patrols Night and Fireworks!: On Tuesday night, the Goldeyes pay tribute to Winnipeg's School Patrols, who are celebrating their 75th anniversary this year. The Winnipeg Police Service will be on site with horses, motorcycle and a patrol car for fans to see. Also, MPI will be giving away safety flashers to the first 2,500 fans in attendance. Finally, the Goldeyes will be decked out in special school patrol jerseys. To top it all off, Archangel Fireworks will put on another stunning display of fireworks after the game, so be sure to stick around.
School Day: On Wednesday, the Goldeyes wrap up their series against Fargo with a special start time - 11:00 a.m. Come down to the ballpark for this matinee game and enjoy some fun in the afternoon sun!
Series Information Date Opp Time TV Probable Pitchers Promotion/Giveaway
May 30 Fargo-Moorhead 7:00 p.m. None WPG Chris Salamida vs. FM Alex Kaminsky Train Game
May 31 Fargo-Moorhead 7:00 p.m. None WPG TBA vs. FM Zach Ward School Patrols Night
June 1 Fargo-Moorhead 11:00 a.m. Shaw TV WPG TBA vs. FM Scott Fogelson School Day
Great seats for all Goldeyes games are available by calling 1-855-GOLDEYE, clicking on Ticketmaster.ca or visiting any Ticketmaster outlet, including the one inside Shaw Park.
American Association Stories from May 30, 2011
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Early Runs Again Give AirHogs a Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Winning Streak Comes to a Screeching Halt in 14-6 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Cats Slip Past Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Nichols Named Player of Week - El Paso Diablos
- Elliott's 10 K's help Sox past Saints 14-6 - Amarillo Sox
- Pheasants Win Fourth in a Row - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RailCats Falter in Iowa - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Goldeyes and RedHawks Postponed by Rain - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Nichols, Singleton Earn Player Of The Week Awards - AA
- Singleton Named Pitcher of the Week - Wichita Wingnuts
- Valley Center Veteran to Throw out First Pitch Tonight - Wichita Wingnuts
- Winnipeg Starts Three-Game Set with Fargo Tonight - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.