Rainiers Rally to 4-3 Win Over Colorado SpringsApril 21, 2011 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tacoma Rainiers
Trailing the Sky Sox 3-2, the Rainiers mounted a successful rally in the seventh inning, scoring two runs on four hits in the bottom of the frame. Catcher Josh Bard tied the game with a line drive single to center field that scored Matt Tuiasosopo. In the club's next at-bat, Johan Limonta's single to left drove in Alex Liddi for the go-ahead run.
The comeback was necessitated after Colorado Springs took advantage of a defensive miscue by Tacoma and pulled ahead by a run in the top of the seventh. Outfielder Eric Young Jr.'s single to right was followed by a throwing error from the catcher Bard, clearing the way for Jeff Salazar to score, and breaking up what had been a 2-2 tie between the two clubs.
The third baseman Liddi was tops among Rainiers batters after going 2-for-2 with a pair of RBI. The 22-year-old's first sacrifice fly in the bottom of the first inning erased an early 1-0 Colorado Springs lead, and then his second helped to even the score at 2-2 in the bottom the fifth.
Reliever Edward Paredes earned his first win of the season after allowing one run on one hit over one inning of work in the seventh. Colorado Springs right-hander Jim Miller was dealt the loss after surrendering two runs on one hit over one inning of action, while walking one and fanning one.
The Rainiers (4-10) look to continue their winning ways when they play the third game of their four-game series with Colorado Springs at 7:05 p.m. on Thursday night. Left-hander Fabio Castro (0-1, 3.00) will start for the Rainiers, with left-hander Josh Muecke (0-2, 8.44) slated to take the mound for the Sky Sox. The game can be heard live on South Sound Sports 850-AM and streamed online at www.tacomarainiers.com.
For season tickets, group or party deck information for the 2011 season, call (253) 752-7707, email email@example.com or visit our website at www.tacomarainiers.com .
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 21, 2011
- Aces Falter Late, Drop 11-10 Decision To Sacremento - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Wins Sixth Straight, 6-3 Over RedHawks - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Storm Chasers Blank Redbirds 1-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Win 8-7 In New Orleans With Go-Ahead Pinch-Hit Homer - Nashville Sounds
- Zephyrs Mount Comeback, Only To Fall To Sounds, 8-7 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Round Rock Express Push Streak To Six Games - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Club 'Topes 9-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Lou's Blast Sends I-Cubs over Topes, 9-4 - Iowa Cubs
- Sky Sox Announce 2011 Luxury Suite Renovations - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Zack Greinke to Rehab with Sounds on Sunday at Greer - Nashville Sounds
- Bryan Stow Fundraiser Highlights Easter Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- Castillo, Jackson Added to Iowa Roster - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Oklahoma City RedHawks - Round Rock Express
- Isotopes Launch Smart Phone App - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Green Awareness, Easter and Ballpark Babies Highlight River Cats Homestand - Sacramento River Cats
- Bees and Orbit Irrigation to Give out 1,000 Trees - Salt Lake Bees
- Tucson Strings Together Wins - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers Rally to 4-3 Win Over Colorado Springs - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.