Rainiers Fall to Fresno in Extra InningsApril 14, 2011 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Tacoma Rainiers
The Grizzlies tied the game at 2-2 in the bottom of the ninth inning thanks to a double from Conor Gillaspie off reliever Denny Bautista. Gillaspie struck again in the 10th, driving in the game-winning run for Fresno with a bases-loaded single off Royce Ring.
The Rainiers loss came despite a dominating performance from starter Chris Seddon. The left-hander held the Grizzlies scoreless over 7.0 innings, allowing just two hits with a pair of strikeouts and five walks. Seddon has now tossed 13.0 shutout innings over his first two starts of the season, issuing four walks and striking out 10.
First baseman Johan Limonta was responsible for driving in the Rainiers first run of the night with a single to left field that scored outfielder Carlos Peguero from second base. Catcher Josh Bard plated Alex Liddi with a double that put the Rainiers up 2-0 in the seventh inning and upped Bard's hit streak to a team-high six games.
The Rainiers (4-4) now head back to Tacoma to play the team's home opener against the Sacramento River Cats at 7:05 p.m. on Thursday. The outing marks the debut of Cheney Stadium following a $30 million offseason renovation.
Right-hander Chaz Roe (0-1, 37.80) is slated to take the mound for the Rainiers against River Cats right-hander Yadel Marti (0-0, 1.50). The game can be heard live on South Sound Sports 850-AM and streamed online at www.tacomarainiers.com.
For season tickets, group or party deck information for the 2011 season, call (253) 752-7707, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.tacomarainiers.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 14, 2011
- Tucson Padres Come Back To Beat The Salt Lake Bees - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers Fall to Fresno in Extra Innings - Tacoma Rainiers
- Clemens Paces RedHawks For Thursday Win - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Sounds Split Series With RedHawks With 6-5 Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Express Cash In For Sweep Of Omaha - Round Rock Express
- Round Rock Sweeps Storm Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Albuquerque Clipped by Cubs 10-6 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Zephyrs Sweep Redbirds in Series - Memphis Redbirds
- I-Cubs Top 'Topes, 10-6 - Iowa Cubs
- Colorado Springs Sky Sox Defeat Reno Aces in 18-13 Slugfest - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Gotay HR Gives Z's 5th Consecutive Win - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Aces Drop Series Finale, 18-13, to Sky Sox - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Game Notes Vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Storm Chasers Ready to Entertain at Werner Park Opener - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tucson Padres Unveil Opening Night Plans - Tucson Padres
- Adopt a Dog and Fetch a Redbirds Ticket - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Topes Endure Injuries, Cubs in 10-7 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.