Round Rock Express Game Notes Vs. Omaha Storm ChasersApril 14, 2011 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Round Rock Express
ROUND ROCK EXPRESS (4-3) vs. OMAHA STORM CHASERS (2-5)
GAME 8 | 14 APRILâ2011 | 7:05 P.M. CDT | THE DELL DIAMOND | ROUND ROCK, TEXAS
Round Rock concludes an eight-game home stand with the finale of a four-game series against the Omaha Storm Chasers. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. CDT at The Dell Diamond. This is the fourth of 16 regular-season meetings between the Express and Storm Chasers this season. Round Rock won each of the series' first three games.
Thirsty Thursdays compliments of Firetrol - discounted beer and $1 sodas ... Child & Family Expo in the United Heritage Center.
Tonight's game airs on 104.9 FM The Horn ESPNâRadio Austin. Online audio also is available at www.espnaustin.com
EXPRESS-STORM CHASERS SERIES
Round Rock leads the series 3-0 after last night's 2-0 victory in which RHP Neil Ramirez tossed 6.0 scoreless innings in his first career Triple-A start. C Taylor Teagarden had a game-winning solo homer in the sixth.
GAMEâ5 | MONDAY, APRIL â11
Express 5, Storm Chasers 2
WP: Hankins (1-0). LP: Teaford (0-1). SV: Phillips (1).
GAMEâ6 | TUESDAY, APRIL â12
Express 3, Storm Chasers 2 (13 innings)
WP: Tateyama (1-0). LP: Shell (1-1). SV: None.
GAMEâ7 | WEDNESDAY, APRIL â13
Express 2, Storm Chasers 0
WP: Ramirez (1-0). LP: Suppan (0-2). SV: Tucker (1).
GAMEâ8 | THURSDAY, APRIL â14 | 7:05 p.m. CDT
Express: LHPâZach Jackson (1-0, 6.75 ERA)
Storm Chasers: RHP Kevin Pucetas (1-0, 0.00 ERA)
EXPRESS: LHP Zach Jackson (1-0, 6.75 ERA)
Last Outing: Earned victory in Round Rock's first victory of the season April 9, a 13-9 win against the Iowa Cubs ... Allowed four runs on nine hits and two walks with five strikeouts over 5.1 innings.
2010: Spent entire season with Triple-A Las Vegas in the Toronto Blue Jays organization ... 2-3 with a 5.64 ERA in 35 games, five starts; 49 strikeouts over 81.1 innings
Notable: Drafted by Chicago White Sox in 50th round of 2001 MLB First-Year Player Draft out of high school but did not sign ... LaTrobe, Pa., native began collegiate career at Louisville before transferring to Texas A&M ... Toronto Blue Jays first-round pick in 2004 after one season at Texas A&M ... MLB debut June 4, 2006, with Blue Jays vs. Washington Nationals ... Also spent time in Milwaukee Brewers and Cleveland Indians organizations ... Was part of the July 7, 2008, trade that sent C.C. Sabathia from Milwaukee from Cleveland ... Signed minor league contract with Rangers in January.
STORM CHASERS: RHP Kevin Pucetas (1-0, 0.00 ERA)
Last Outing: Claimed victory in relief April 9 at Albuquerque, a 10-4 Omaha victory in which the Storm Chasers scored seven runs in the top of the 10th inning ... Tossed 4.0 scoreless innings on three hits and no walks with four strikeouts.
2010: Pitched for Fresno Grizzlies (AAA) in the San Francisco Giants organization ... Finished season 5-7 with a 5.69 ERA in 27 outings, all starts ... Logged 136.0 innings with 95 strikeouts and 61 walks ... Traded to Kansas City Royals following regular season as the player to be named later in the José Guillén deal.
Notable: San Francisco Giants 17th-round draft pick in 2006 out of Limestone [S.C.] College, which also produced Hall of Famer Gaylord Perry ... Participated in the 2008 MLB All-Star Futures Game at Yankee Stadium.
NEWS & NOTES
* Round Rock held Omaha scoreless in the first inning last night, marking the first time an Express opponent did not score in the opening frame since the season opener.
* Express pitchers have tossed 21.0 consecutive scoreless innings, allowing a run in only three of the 30 innings thus far in the Omaha series. Round Rock pitchers have allowed only five runs over the last 33.0 innings (1.36 ERA).
* Round Rock is 21-for-64 (.328) leading off an inning.
* The Express have 23 two-out RBI while holding their opponents to just nine. Round Rock is hitting .365 (35-for-96) with two outs as opposed to a .200 average (16-for-80) by its opponents.
* Round Rock's bullpen boasts a 3.44 ERA (13 ER, 34.0 IP) with a 31-to-11 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
* OF Endy Chavez has hit safely in each of six games played this season, posting multiple hits four times.
* IF Brian Barden currently rides a 27-game hitting streak that dates back to last season. His is the longest active streak in the PCL by a margin of 16 games (Ramon Vazquez, Memphis). Barden has produced multiple hits in four straight games.
* C Taylor Teagarden has posted exactly one run, one hit and one RBI in each of three games played. All three hits were for extra bases.
* LHP Zach Phillips has an 8-to-1 groundout-to-flyout ratio.
Round Rock goes on the road for the first time this season, beginning an eight-game road trip with a four-game series at New Orleans. The series between the Express and Zephyrs opens Friday with a 7:05 p.m. CDT first pitch at Zephyr Field in Metairie, La. The series continues Saturday (6:05 p.m.), Sunday (2:05 p.m.) and Monday (7:05 p.m.). The Express conclude the road trip with a four-game series at Oklahoma City.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 14, 2011
- Tucson Padres Come Back To Beat The Salt Lake Bees - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers Fall to Fresno in Extra Innings - Tacoma Rainiers
- Clemens Paces RedHawks For Thursday Win - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Sounds Split Series With RedHawks With 6-5 Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Express Cash In For Sweep Of Omaha - Round Rock Express
- Round Rock Sweeps Storm Chasers - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Albuquerque Clipped by Cubs 10-6 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Zephyrs Sweep Redbirds in Series - Memphis Redbirds
- I-Cubs Top 'Topes, 10-6 - Iowa Cubs
- Colorado Springs Sky Sox Defeat Reno Aces in 18-13 Slugfest - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Gotay HR Gives Z's 5th Consecutive Win - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Aces Drop Series Finale, 18-13, to Sky Sox - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Game Notes Vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Storm Chasers Ready to Entertain at Werner Park Opener - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tucson Padres Unveil Opening Night Plans - Tucson Padres
- Adopt a Dog and Fetch a Redbirds Ticket - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Topes Endure Injuries, Cubs in 10-7 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.