Canadiens Assign Nigel Dawes and Andreas Engqvist to HamiltonMarch 24, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Hamilton Bulldogs
Dawes, 26, played in the previous four games with the Canadiens since being recalled on March 16th. He also played in nine games with the Atlanta Thrashers this season recording one assist. The native of Winnipeg, Manitoba currently leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 54 points (33 goals, 21 assists) in 55 games this season. He ranks first on the team and the AHL in goals with 33. The 5-foot-9, 200-pound left winger has played a total of 212 NHL regular season games registering 84 points (39 goals, 45 assists) and 43 penalty minutes. Dawes was drafted in the 5th round, 149th overall by the New York Rangers at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. He was acquired by the Canadiens along with Brent Sopel from Atlanta on February 24th in exchange for Ben Maxwell and a fourth round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Engqvist, 23, has played in a total of three games with the Canadiens this season but was held pointless. In 62 games with the Bulldogs in 2010-2011, the 6-foot-4, 197-pound centre has registered 21 points (eight goals, 13 assists) and 16 penalty minutes. He has collected 122 shots on goal and maintained a +8 rating. The native of Stockholm, Sweden was signed as a free agent by Montreal on July 13, 2009.
The Bulldogs return to action on Friday, March 25th when they travel to Rockford to battle the IceHogs for an 8:05 p.m. game. All regular season Hamilton Bulldogs broadcasts on AM 820 CHAM will begin with a pre-game show 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
Tickets for all Hamilton Bulldogs home games are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster Outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca or through charge-by-phone at 905-527-7666. For more information on 'Dogs season tickets, flex packs, mini packs and group tickets call 905-529-8500 ext. 179 or visit www.hamiltonbulldogs.com.
American Hockey League Stories from March 24, 2011
- Heat Sign Trio of Players - Abbotsford Heat
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Goaltender Jason Missiaen - Connecticut Whale
- Preview: Aeros Vs. Barons, Friday - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs at Your Service Nets Nearly $30,000 - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Sign Forward Everett Sheen - Syracuse Crunch
- Flyers Sign Matt Read - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at All-Star Sports Cards Monday, March 28 - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Assign Nigel Dawes and Andreas Engqvist to Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- B-Sens Launch 2011-12 Season Ticket Contest - Binghamton Senators
- MSHCA High-School All-Star Classic Starters to be Announced Live on FOX25 News - Worcester Sharks
- Sound Tigers Sign Three Forwards to ATO's - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stanley Cup to be at Copps Coliseum on Tuesday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Sign Cory Conacher to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Rochester Americans
- IceHogs to Break Attendance Record this Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- Blues Recall Hensick, Assign Strachan - Peoria Rivermen
- Second Annual Pooch Party Is Sunday - Charlotte Checkers
- Tokarski Stymies Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.